Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 03-10-2017, 18:22   #16

Boat: Leopard 39
Re: New L40 Pictures

Very nice vessel. One of my pet peeves about many sailboats is their lack of sun protection for the helmsman. Not liking to bake in the hot sun, it's incredible to me how many really expensive yachts have the helmsman sitting directly out in it. Was the helm bimini shown here an after-market addition? It looks designed for wind more than sun. I prefer a hard top over the helm with a plexiglass window for viewing the mainsail, but I'm sure a really fine bimini could be sewn for the helm seat of the L40. It really looks like a solid platform.

Old 10-10-2017, 18:36   #17

Boat: I want Lagoon 400

I guess the L40 is now been in at least one or two shows has anybody taking it out for a test sail yet?

If so any comments

Old 10-10-2017, 21:05   #18

Boat: lagoon 380 s2

they have made ONE 40. The idea was to show it in Europe 3 weeks ago at the show, and then sail it quite a bit more. Then make potential alterations. This is different than what they have done before. After the feedback, they will make boat 2. I am not sure if they are letting anyone but themselves (and their dealers) sail it yet. I will see my dealer this weekend, and see what the update for the Annapolis show meetings were. I am hoping they get rid of another 1k lbs (tons would be nice, but i think that is too much of a stretch), and maybe add another 50 sq ft of sail.

I am not sure what is between Cannes and Miami for shows, which is the introduction of it in North America.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: