Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2013, 02:46   #1

Boat: 2006 Lagoon 440
Marinas near Gallipoli, Turkey

I'm planning to leave Marmaris Yacht Marina very early April 2014 headed for the Gallipoli Peninsula, hoping to be there around 20th - 23rd April, in time to attend the 99th anniversary of the Gallipoli landings, particularly by ANZAC forces. Any suggestions please regarding marina's or anchorages in the reasonably close proximity to Gallipoli (including up to reasonable bus or hire car distances). I've done some searching but can't seem to get sufficient up to date information.
Coldar1 / Lagoon 440
coldar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 03:29   #2

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500
Re: Marinas near Gallipoli, Turkey

I am not sure whats up there but MarkJ on here a fellow aussie went there about 2 yrs ago have a look at is blog sealife ?
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 03:43   #3

Boat: FP Lipari, 11.95 metres
The municipal marina at Cannakkle is very convenient. We berthed there in June this year (cost TL140 per night for a 12 metre cat). The ferry terminal is next door and the ferries run regularly. The marina is small with only a few berths for visitors so it may be wise to try and book ahead.
Takamoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 19:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamoana View Post
The municipal marina at Cannakkle is very convenient. We berthed there in June this year (cost TL140 per night for a 12 metre cat). The ferry terminal is next door and the ferries run regularly. The marina is small with only a few berths for visitors so it may be wise to try and book ahead.
Thanks guys. I have tried to contact the marina at Cannakkle via their web site but after 3 weeks, have not had a reply. Google Earth does show it as being fairly small but I also note there appears to be adequate spots to anchor within a 15 nm circle, and transport to Gallipoli seems abundant. It will be during Meltimi wind season, so I'll need to bear that in mind as well.
Old 28-07-2015, 13:39   #5

Headed towards Gallipoli in a week or so. Any info on Marinas near there? I'm on a Lagoon 440 as well. Thanks in Advance, Al.
AlfonzoReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 16:25   #6

Hello Alfonzo
Instead of taking my Lagoon to the Gallipoli area, I decided to do a 10-day back-pack trip, use local buses and rail to enjoy the scenery and ancient sites between Marmaris and Gallipoli. It was an amazing experience! There was indeed a small marina at Cannakale which had plenty of room which I could have used, but I think power and water services might have been limited. I stayed in a well known hotel close to the marina called the Crowded House Hotel. I don't have their number but it would be worth calling them as they are most helpful with local information, and run an amazing tour of the Gallipoli battlefields. Ask to go with a guide called Buulant, otherwise know simply as "Bill". The nearby Dardanelles shipping route is very, very busy, so keep a good lookout. There are plenty of places to anchor as well so well worth making some local contact to ask for further information. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2015, 01:43   #7

Thanks for the reply! We've contacted Cannakale Marina and they've assured us they have plenty of space for a 44' Lagoon. I'll post a further update once we get there just in case someone is looking for some info in the future.
AlfonzoReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:04   #8
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Wait! Before you book Cannakale, there is a great place right at ANZAC.
It really depends on why you are going and what you want to see.
If its the British lines further south at Helles the Cannakale maybe best, but if you want to see the ANZAC lines then Kabe Tepe would be fascinating for you. Its a fishing port at the southern end of the NZ line (which was in the right flank of the Australian line) and is about a mile or so from ANZAC Cove. So you can walk it. We walked it every day for two weeks and it was a truly fascinating experience to be so close.

The port is at 40 12.1524 N 026 16.1184 E and they only speak Turkish, do not have a radio and its very, very cheap. the dockage is stern to and there is plenty of room for a cat either stern to or alongside. but its not a marina, its a fishing port and ferry terminal (for the ro-ro that goes to an island off the coast which is a wonderful days explore - I don't think they have ever seen a tourist!). You just motor in and loiter inside an gibber like a tourist until someone points out a spot to you (generally on the southern or south eastern wall).
The fishing port has a restaurant that's feeds the workers during the day and the romantics at night... the meal to go for in the day is like a platter de jour and is huge.

Photos here.. http://ourlifeatsea.com/2010.1.html

The photo attached shows the layout of the SE section where you would likely tie up, behind is the admin building (deserted except for one office)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4172076.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	106520  

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marinas, Turkey