Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 23:13   #46

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Love my Lagoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach View View Post
We too love our Lagoon 400S2!

I can't say enough about the quality of the build. As for ergonomics, the interior of the S2 is like stepping into a sunny studio apartment. Comfortable cockpit, great view from inside, good ventilation (but I wish we had a hatch over the galley), easy to use galley, light-colored wood, enough food storage for a longish (2-3 weeks) crossing (I will say if I had a choice I’d add more lockers and delete the desk in the “owner’s version” layout). I have to note that the boat has a very solid over all feel--we never heard or felt creaking, groaning or flexing throughout the trip, and I can’t say that about some popular 40’ production cruising cats I’ve been on.

Well, I beg to disagree on couple of points:
The ventilation of the saloon, in my opinion at least, is poor. In the Med where we sail, it usually feels like an inside of a solarium.
When on anchor, the two portholes at the front of the saloon, even when fully opened, do not provide enough air circulation to cool the huge area. The door to the cockpit does not help much as it faces at anchor away from the wind.
The people of Lagoon advised to use the generator & A/C...
On the other hand, I find the desk in the owners hull highly useful.
I have installed there a large laptop and use it as a working area.
Our boat is an early unit (hull # 121) and I have installed a library shelf on half of the desk. I believe newer units have this shelf as standard. But if not - this is an very useful amendment - all our pilot books and reading books live there.
Old 06-12-2014, 19:47   #47

Boat: FP Elba 45
Re: Love my LAGOON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
I just spent 2 weeks buffing and polishing my 400S2 # 315.
The products I used were 3M and the results were very impressive indeed.
Without a quality job done on the glass work by Lagoon it would not have been possible.
The only thing I could comment on was the sheer size makes for a big job.
I was quoted a price that made me step back and take a deep breath so I did it myself.
By doing the job I had a great look at all the parts of the glass work.
The Leopard dealer even commented on how well it came up.
Thanks Lagoon
Well we love our L400 also. Mine arrived in Melbourne September 2010 hull 97 brand new, so it is just four years old. Had had it anti fouled, serviced and a thorough check over last week, also for the first time decided to accept the high cost of a professional polish and wax including the steel work, well it was on the hard for seven days two guys working on it all the time the polishing and waxing is a hugely labour intensive job, they also mentioned the high quality of the gel coat, I have to say I am very pleased with the result.
A four year report is as follows, I had most factory options fitted except a water maker, far more sensible to put those funds to a drop of wine or two, so there is a lot to go wrong, gen set with air con heating, four dual speed electric winches etc, there was nothing wrong with my updated Raymarine gear but last year decided to fit the latest touch screens along with the new digital radar, just great gear, and I have fitted some other stuff digital chain counter etc, well the zip on the sail bag got a bit sticky so just ordered a new bag seemed a bit silly to fit a new zip to an old sail bag will have that in a coupe of weeks ordered locally, the bimini clears have faded somewhat so will do something about them, I had to replace the gen set battery, the engine control levers got a bit pitted so I had them replaced with new ones, they worked fine but they spoilt the look of my great panel, other than those items everything is working as it should, of course normal servicing I have had done on time as per the manuals, so not much to report at all. One always feels safe, excellent protection from our cold weather, very comfortable for us and friends, sails great best speed I have seen is 9.2, most times about 7.5 in a fresh breeze, the L400 is in my view an outstanding catamaran.
Regards Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Port.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	93126   Click image for larger version

Name:	seat.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	398.7 KB
ID:	93127  

Name:	top.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	93128   Click image for larger version

Name:	stern.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	93129  

Name:	Starboard - Copy.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	93130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steering.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	93131  

peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:58   #48

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241
Cool Re: Love my Lagoon!

Not a L400, but we love our L380. A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Cruising to the Whitsunday's, Oz.

Dave
Seabreeze, Lagoon 380 #241
Innisfail, North Queensland, Australia ... Cruising the waters of the Great Barrier Reef
www.sea-breeze.com.au
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:01   #49

Boat: Lagoon L400S2

L380----L620 were all one family.
The 380 has to be regarded as on of the most iconic catamarans ever built.
How many? You don't sell that many boats without being very special indeed.
No boat is perfect but the 380 has hit the mark with more people than any other and with good reason.
I wonder how many 380's have circled the globe?
I wonder which Lagoon model has the most circumnavigations?
My L400 will make the list one day.
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:03   #50

My baby floating in Victoria B.C. Canada.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:51   #51

Boat: Lagoon 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
L380----L620 were all one family.
The 380 has to be regarded as on of the most iconic catamarans ever built.
How many? You don't sell that many boats without being very special indeed.
In mid July 2014 Lagoon had launched 734 L380 and 406 L400S2
django37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 13:17   #52

Boat: L400 S2 Hull# 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by django37 View Post
In mid July 2014 Lagoon had launched 734 L380 and 406 L400S2
Well they just Commissioned #426 L400S2 a week ago....... Mine!!!! LOL can't wait to board her in Tortola, BVI in February.....
Have a Safe Voyage "Terres Fin"
Old 17-12-2014, 02:18   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizeBound View Post
Well they just Commissioned #426 L400S2 a week ago....... Mine!!!!:
Congratulations!

I wonder if the L400 will eventually become the classic that the L380 has become? Or out sell it?

The L400 sales are catching up with the L380, however I heard that a facelifted L380 with hardtop Bimini and a few other upgrades will be released in the new year. Just a rumour! But wait and see. There seems to be no plans at present to stop production of either model any time soon.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 14:24   #54

Christmas on a Lagoon,
Although we celebrated our Christmas Day at home we could see the boat from the house.
Very cold and windy in the Pacific Northwest.
On the eve of Christmas there were 7 in the salon for drinks and conversation, very comfortable and toasty warm.
I have a factory heating system onboard and it works very well and the installation is neat and tidy.
I have mentioned before that Imam a licences radiant heating installer and my boat has a well thought out system.
My primary source of heat is (2) 1500w box heaters and when it gets below 0*c the boilers kick in.
The electric heat seems to control the humidity and I have not experienced and condensation above the waterline. Below the waterline I have noticed a minor bit of condensation.
I do have the inside fans on and running on low, I think it helps.
All in all the live aboard winter comfort is high.
I suspect the core above the waterline adds significantly to the "r" value.
Hope everyone has a great 2015.
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 02-01-2015, 14:10   #55

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2 owners version #331

I am a new Lagoon 380 owner hull#331 and could not be happier. I owned and sailed a 39ft monohull in the 90s. I bought my Lagoon in July 2014 in Martinique and now I am in Panama getting ready to transit the canal and head west to Asia.
I guess boats are like people everyone is different, I found that only I could decide and pick the boat to buy. Like they say when you see it you know it is the boat for you.
I searched for three years to find my boat, but knew the minute I stepped aboard.
rickwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:01   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizeBound View Post
Well they just Commissioned #426 L400S2 a week ago....... Mine!!!! LOL can't wait to board her in Tortola, BVI in February.....
Have a Safe Voyage "Terres Fin"
Well.......I've been Informed that My 400 won't be in BVI until Late March Now. Does Anyone know why if my boat was Commissioned by Dream Yatch Charters LLC on 11/29/14 WHY????? would it take so long to get it to BVI????
Old 05-01-2015, 11:14   #57
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Well that sucks. Many reasons for delays since it's in France. Ie lots of public holidays +!the frenchies love to take the bridge ( a couple of days extra off between holidays and weekends ) which can shut down work for weeks at a time. Also some. Ore important customers may have jumped the que to get some more charter fees in the current season. After commissioning mods still happening, problems found on commissioning that need to wait for lagoon to fix, a full dock at les sables so they can't launch, a cheaper delivery skipper not available till March, the broker not paying lagoon the final payment, the list can go on and on. Best to call your broker and put a bomb under him. Although I think you have it in a charter scheme so I guess it's the charter company you need to call. If it's ruined your plans for a few weeks on board I'd be wanting to find out why, also the loss of charter income for a couple of months would have me pissed. Once the boat is in the water it's out of lagoons hands and the broker/charter company usually handles the delivery from there so that's the guy you need to call.
If you planned to sail for a few weeks I'd be asking for a replacement boat or at least airfare reimbursement. But all this should be in your contract so that's the place to check. You may find you haven't got a leg to stand on or you may find ( like my previous contracts ) that you are eligible for 1000 euro/ week late delivery charges.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 16:05   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Well that sucks. Many reasons for delays since it's in France. Ie lots of public holidays +!the frenchies love to take the bridge ( a couple of days extra off between holidays and weekends ) which can shut down work for weeks at a time. Also some. Ore important customers may have jumped the que to get some more charter fees in the current season. After commissioning mods still happening, problems found on commissioning that need to wait for lagoon to fix, a full dock at les sables so they can't launch, a cheaper delivery skipper not available till March, the broker not paying lagoon the final payment, the list can go on and on. Best to call your broker and put a bomb under him. Although I think you have it in a charter scheme so I guess it's the charter company you need to call. If it's ruined your plans for a few weeks on board I'd be wanting to find out why, also the loss of charter income for a couple of months would have me pissed. Once the boat is in the water it's out of lagoons hands and the broker/charter company usually handles the delivery from there so that's the guy you need to call.
If you planned to sail for a few weeks I'd be asking for a replacement boat or at least airfare reimbursement. But all this should be in your contract so that's the place to check. You may find you haven't got a leg to stand on or you may find ( like my previous contracts ) that you are eligible for 1000 euro/ week late delivery charges.
Thanks Monte, if anything it's costing the Charter co. all the money. It would behoove them to get the Cat in service ASAP as they get all the $$$$. I own 55% of the boat for 5 years then I own 100% of it for a dollar at the end of the term. I am just WAITING to board her..... This process started in August. Happy Sailing Mate...
Old 05-01-2015, 20:18   #59

Boat: Lagoon 380 Owners Version

Just bought a lagoon 380 owners version this year and love it!!

We dropped the mast on the Erie Canal and saw that a little conduit had been run up the inside of the mast to keep the wires from slamming around.

Our previous boats were much older, so I wasn't sure if this is common on all newer boats, or just great attention to detail on lagoons.
chad.lawie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2015, 11:40   #60

Was it luck or design?
Last Friday I was motoring in the Pacific Northwest of Canada and in the dark.
I made contact with a log that was about 25 meters long, complete with roots and branches.
Contact was made at 7 knots on the port hull.
The boat lurched up and I heard three distinct hits.
Post contact we had a good look at the tree and then jumped to the bilge to check for water egress.
No water was coming in and and the helm was responsive.
After some time we felt it was safe to continue, I called the Coast Guard and made a report and they followed up with a shout out to all concerned.
The next morning I dove on the port hull and noted the damage.
The initial hit was the bow and then you could see a hit on the keel, the rudder hit was on the bottom on the rudder not the leading edge, thank god.
It seems like good karma was with me, not even the bottom paint was missing.
The boat felt like it hit a reef and went from 7 to 0 knots in one second.
Luck and or a strong boat?

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
lagoon