Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 20:56   #286

Boat: Leopard 38+; Corsair F-31UC
Re: Love my Lagoon!

Great to have you back Scott. No I have not been well. You gave me a ride on Muskoka last April and ruined me. I sold my trimaran and bought a catamaran.

Thanks.
Trvlmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 20:57   #287

Boat: Lagoon L400S2

Hi Don
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 07:28   #288

Boat: Lagoon 380

33 cats in the Catamarans Cup in GreeceClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2753.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	160484Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2728.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	160485
django37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 17:14   #289

Boat: Lagoon L400S2

My Lagoon has been my only home for 3 years now, my neighbors are so nice.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01296.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	406.3 KB
ID:	161824
Scottster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:49   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
I could not help myself but prior to my purchase of my 400S2 I was bombarded with negative posts regarding almost all makes and models of catamarans.
The negative news about almost all things in the news gets far to much coverage.
This post is one that should remain positive.
If you have beefs about your boat go someplace else.

My reason for posting is to thank all the people that made my boat, I love my boat and the more I get to know her the more I love her.

I bought a production catamaran for my own reasons and understand the shortfalls along with the benefits. Everyone has a reason for making such a large purchase and buyers remorse is something to be avoided.

So share your positive comments and keep it light and jolly.

I will start off with

1. I love how my boat drains when I wash the upper decks. The attention to detail regarding this one thing is something I admire and would never have picked up on doing the boatshow circuit.

Have fun and from the design to the manufacture to the commissioning I thank you for all your hard work.
hi, any idea where I could find a real service manual for the lagoon 40s2? especially the electric wire diagram?
regards,
Flo
florentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 14:49   #291

Did you happen to look on Lagoon’s web site? There is an owners and operator version. If not, I can send some pics of the manual this upcoming weekend.
rtoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 00:36   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottster View Post
I could not help myself but prior to my purchase of my 400S2 I was bombarded with negative posts regarding almost all makes and models of catamarans.
The negative news about almost all things in the news gets far to much coverage.
This post is one that should remain positive.
If you have beefs about your boat go someplace else.

My reason for posting is to thank all the people that made my boat, I love my boat and the more I get to know her the more I love her.

I bought a production catamaran for my own reasons and understand the shortfalls along with the benefits. Everyone has a reason for making such a large purchase and buyers remorse is something to be avoided.

So share your positive comments and keep it light and jolly.

I will start off with

1. I love how my boat drains when I wash the upper decks. The attention to detail regarding this one thing is something I admire and would never have picked up on doing the boatshow circuit.

Have fun and from the design to the manufacture to the commissioning I thank you for all your hard work.
hi,

I am looking for a crossbeam for a lagoon 400s2/2014, any idea of some rigging spars manufacturers with better prices than the almighty selden,sparcraft, etc? perhaps from china, etc?

could you tell the manufacturer of yours? the technical details?
it would help a lot,

thanks,

Florentin
Old 07-02-2018, 08:12   #293

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtoner View Post
Did you happen to look on Lagoon’s web site? There is an owners and operator version. If not, I can send some pics of the manual this upcoming weekend.
hi,
I ve been looking on the Beneteau USA site- and found no operator version;
I d really appreciate any help,

regards,

Flo
Old 07-02-2018, 08:50   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentin View Post
hi,

I ve been looking on the Beneteau USA site- and found no operator version;

I d really appreciate any help,

regards,

Flo

The manual is not that good. What particular thing are looking for ? Do a PM and can forward over what I can get.
Old 18-08-2018, 22:27   #295

Boat: LAGOON 400

i have finally devised and executed the system how to leave screecher safely installed all te time. Also to deploy it and collect singlehandedly from the safety of cockpit.

Able so far to use it mainly in sub 10 kn winds and it works really well. Even in 5 kn apparent one can ger 3 to 5 kn speed - boat fully loaded for cruising.

Mine is carbon and expensive and very light. But delivers tons of extra performance in light to medium winds. Highly recommended. Carbon not essential.

Apart from fun, one saves on diesel and as sailing more and motoring less, crab pots danger is reduced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180814_160907.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	175728  
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 23:24   #296

Boat: FP Elba 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
i have finally devised and executed the system how to leave screecher safely installed all te time. Also to deploy it and collect singlehandedly from the safety of cockpit.

Able so far to use it mainly in sub 10 kn winds and it works really well. Even in 5 kn apparent one can ger 3 to 5 kn speed - boat fully loaded for cruising.

Mine is carbon and expensive and very light. But delivers tons of extra performance in light to medium winds. Highly recommended. Carbon not essential.

Apart from fun, one saves on diesel and as sailing more and motoring less, crab pots danger is reduced.
Hi arsenelupiga, interested in your post I would love to leave my screecher up I used to but after experiencing strong winds (when the craft is tied up in its berth and I am away) the wind finds its way into the fold just above where the lines wrap around just like in your picture, the wind opens up the sail and with me being absent the sail just gets riped has happened twice cost about $750.00 each for both occasions on repairs so I don't leave it up anymore.
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 00:06   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
Hi arsenelupiga, interested in your post I would love to leave my screecher up I used to but after experiencing strong winds (when the craft is tied up in its berth and I am away) the wind finds its way into the fold just above where the lines wrap around just like in your picture, the wind opens up the sail and with me being absent the sail just gets riped has happened twice cost about $750.00 each for both occasions on repairs so I don't leave it up anymore.
Hi Peter,

i use dyneema soft shackle to 'lock' furler. Then tighten lines to remove any slack from sail when furling and to tighten soft shackle so no rotational movement possible. So there is no way to unfurl unless hardware failure which is not likely as all components look bulletproff. Still observing setup and so far no issues in up to 35 kn.

I have seen on recent crossing similar setup on other boat and we had up to 45 kn gusts and no issues.

That gave me courage to go ahead.

See pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	furler.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	310.8 KB
ID:	175731  
Old 20-08-2018, 03:35   #298

Quote:
Hi Peter,

i use dyneema soft shackle to 'lock' furler. Then tighten lines to remove any slack from sail when furling and to tighten soft shackle so no rotational movement possible. So there is no way to unfurl unless hardware failure which is not likely as all components look bulletproff. Still observing setup and so far no issues in up to 35 kn.

I have seen on recent crossing similar setup on other boat and we had up to 45 kn gusts and no issues.

That gave me courage to go ahead.

See pic

just to add to this point - we just went thru squall maxing at 50 kn, while anchored, and i have closely observed screecher during max wind period and did not budge a bit. Of course had plan B ready to take it down if required. My confidence firming
Old 20-08-2018, 13:42   #299

Quote:
just to add to this point - we just went thru squall maxing at 50 kn, while anchored, and i have closely observed screecher during max wind period and did not budge a bit. Of course had plan B ready to take it down if required. My confidence firming

Do you mind expanding how you run the starboard sheet? We have to run ours around the stern back to the helm through several blocks. This feels clumsy and was hoping for some other ideas. Pics would be great!
Old 20-08-2018, 20:26   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtoner View Post
Do you mind expanding how you run the starboard sheet? We have to run ours around the stern back to the helm through several blocks. This feels clumsy and was hoping for some other ideas. Pics would be great!
we have extra factory installed stbd winch. works well and no probs handling screecher singlenhanded on both tacks.

Overnight we got most weather so far. Consistent 40-50 kn seen max 55 kn. 5 cats and 1 mono in anchorage our boat smallest. Screecher held up without a glitch.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stbd.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	175853  

Tags
lagoon