Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 08:45   #1

Boat: Lagoon 410
Leaking water tank

Have a lagoon 410, built 2000. The plastic water tank has developed a leak. What is the method for repairing and sealing a leak to a plastic tank? I expect I need to match the polymer. If it helps the plastic is green.
Pavo Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:36   #2

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Re: Leaking water tank

I had a leak in a water tank that was made of Fiber Glass. I could not find the source of the leak but suspected it was stress cracks as the boat is a 1987. Thru another forum I was put in contact with a specialties coating company in Washington State. They have a two part coating that meets FDA standards for contact with food. In talking with them I was told the coating is somewhat flexible when cured and to just coat the entire tank. No More Leak. The link is below

FDA rated epoxy paint and coatings product. For use on potable water tanks,brewing tanks, etc.
JPCorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 14:41   #3

Boat: Lagoon 400

You can get small plastic weld repair kits from hardware, here in Australia I found one in Bunnings, they have repair rods for the different plastics, I did some repairs on some sea kayaks which worked well, I contacted the company that made the kayaks and they sent me the plastic in the colour I needed for the repair.
Old 13-09-2016, 13:28   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck

Need more info. Is it a small leak or large? Is it leaking towards the top or bottom? Is it leaking at a seam? Is it leaking where you can get to the leak? Something as simple as a dab of 5200 may work...

Tags
water