Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2011, 11:21   #1

Lagoon Modifications

Hello all,
Me and my wife are looking into buying our first cat to sail in Mediterranean for the first couple of years and live aboard. Since we are unexperienced sailors, after sailing Outremers we have came to conclusion that we need something less hardcore For example Lagoon 380 or 400 as a good compromise between price and comfort.

Unfortunately, we were told that it is impossible to get one with less than 3 bedrooms even if we order the new one. This is a bummer because it seems like a big waste since we do not need that much sleeping space.

The question is if there are any 380 or 400 out there with custom modified interiors?

Any info will be appreciated!
George.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2011, 11:43   #2

Boat: Lagoon 42
Re: Lagoon modifications

I can't speak to the 380 or 400, but I've got a L42 TPI owners model that came with the 3 cabin layout. I ripped out the 3 cabin and built a workshop in the fwd port hull. Looks like it came from the factory this way.
czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 00:49   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Everything can be done. The question is , is it worth the money spent ???

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 03:31   #4

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka

On the Lagoon forum,(yahoo) there is pictures of a modf. 380 with kitchen down, and it looks very nice, it is a rebuild 3 cabin. (i think)

Careka
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 08:36   #5

Re: Lagoon Modifications

as Lagoons are serial boats minimum 3 cabins, but space is convinient I think it is a very good multihull I owned for 2 years and will buy now again , very good for touring with small crew as all sail handling will be in cockpit. If you are interested I can give you some points about weak points of the boat greetings and happy sailing Wolfgang
Baziskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 10:28   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar View Post
I can't speak to the 380 or 400, but I've got a L42 TPI owners model that came with the 3 cabin layout. I ripped out the 3 cabin and built a workshop in the fwd port hull. Looks like it came from the factory this way.
Hi Czar,
Do you have any photos of your workshop to share?
George.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 09:01   #7

Most owners utilize one bow cabin for storage with hardware store storage units.....keep the weight down to 400Kg. The second setrn cabin may be reserved for day use as a getaway with perhpas beanbag for comfortable reading, or just kept empty for guests.
Multitalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2011, 13:45   #8

Boat: Lagoon 420

That's what we do. For the long haul our forward berth and corresponding shower is stuffed full of provisions and gear we may want to get our hands on at short notice during long passages. If we end up needing 3 cabins at once (perhaps once per year when we have a lot of family visit) we plan accordingly by consuming the supplies and storing the passage gear in less accessible spaces. It's nice having a space on a boat where you can get at a lot of things without too much difficulty.
Old 14-05-2011, 16:37   #9

Boat: FP Elba 45

I own a Lagoon 400 owner's version, all of the starboard hull dedicated to the owner, the port stern bed we leave made up ready for the occasional overnight visitor's, the port foreward bedroom with it's draws and cupboards we use as a storeroom, tons of room to store stuff, not to mention huge foreward lockers, no way would I consider modification. Just my thoughts. Regards Peter
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon