Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 19:25   #1

Lagoon Guarantee Fact or Fiction?

Hi Cruisers,
I would like to hear from Lagoon owners regarding their success in getting Lagoon to pay for any warrantee repairs. From what I have read lately they are not very helpful with after sales support.
Mike 440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 19:30   #2

Re: LAGOON Guarantee fact or fiction?

If you haven't already I suggest joining the Yahoo Lagoon Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...catowners/info

Ask your question there as well.
jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 23:45   #3
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Ive been really happy with Lagoon. I think the trick is to buy from a good broker in the first place as they are the ones who handle the warranty claims. Your first contact should be with your broker who should arrange things for you. We have just bought our second new cat from Lagoon so I guess that says something about customer satisfaction. I'd highly recommend Javier from Catamarans Barcelona for anyone looking to buy new or used.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:42   #4

Yes I know Javier he's ok to deal with and yes he's a lagoon agent. The agent isn't the problem, he was also going to carry out some warrantee work on my boat. Sitting in a marina for three weeks waiting for Lagoon to get back to Javier in peak season is not only frustrating its damn expensive. In the end I paid for an electrician myself to sort some of the more critical items. With no response after three weeks I gave up.
My problem is I'm in the Caribbean, my agent is VicSail Sydney a long way away. I need to sort out a serious hull problem before I do the Pacific as there will be very few opportunities after I go through Panama. Waiting for Lagoon to get back to the agent in Martinique, this time four weeks and counting.
Mike.
Mike 440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:33   #5

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
Re: Lagoon Guarantee Fact or Fiction?

We had some air bobble under gel cote on the deck,that opend up, dealer repaired those, so we have had no problems. We like the boat a lot.on our way home from France we also had a mainsail repair, and the sailmaker repaired that while we left the boat in Kiel/Germany, it was al fixed when we came back again to sail on to Norway.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon