Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2008, 14:18   #16
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by knottybuoyz View Post
The answer to your prayers TC for lightning protection may lye in "BuckyPaper"!
Thanks Rick, I want 1000 ft of this stuff in white please Let's see, at $10,000.00 a foot......... how much is epoxy again?
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 15:01   #17

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidape View Post
I am very interested in the hybrid boat systems. it seems like such a good idea to have instant access to power, without the need for 5 minutes ventilation.
Did I miss something? What's the "need for five minutes ventilation" for?
Old 20-10-2008, 15:07   #18
Building a Bateau TW28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bateau TW28 Long Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
Did I miss something? What's the "need for five minutes ventilation" for?
He's probably one of them *uh hum* gas powered power boater types!

Ya know the ones that gotta run the bilge blower for 5 mins before starting the engine for fear of blowin' the whole rig sky high!
knottybuoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 15:12   #19

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
He says he's looking for a Lagoon. As far as I know they don't have gas engines.
Old 20-10-2008, 17:18   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
If I can speak up for Gideon, his company has developed a "Green Motion" hybrid drive. I'm sure his company is not owned by Exxon or whoever.
Agreed, that's why I said, "most or all" in my phrasing..
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 19:13   #21

For the sanity of electrical techs everywhere I pray this stuff doesn't go main stream.
never monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 19:54   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Agreed, that's why I said, "most or all" in my phrasing..
I'm curious. What evidence do you have that the oil companies have conspired to buy up the patents on oil saving green energy devices? I'm not trying to be difficult, but when you make a statement like this I think it does need to be backed up with some hard evidence, otherwise it does come across as an urban myth conspiracy.

Is there a list of patented green devices owned but not allowed to be put into production, by the oil companies?

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 23:47   #23

Hi David M, you're not being difficult at all as it is a good and respectable question. I'll give an example right off the top of my head. When one of the major car companies in the US came out with an electric car "years" ago, not long after the great gas scare, then when agreements were reached, they demanded all of the cars back, with not compensation and literally smashed and destroyed them. They gave no explanation as to why.

There were also several free energy patent attempts but when it was time to demonstrate the equipment, the patent office appointed engineers who were tasked to recreate the function, deliberately crossed wired and grounded the device so the output would be minimal.

The list goes on as you only need to do some research of your own. I'm a retired engineer myself and these events are things that I have first hand knowledge of.

I can assure you that companies or subsidiaries of these companies purchase what they can so it won't effect their overall dominance in whatever market they may have. Another example of this would be Microsoft. They have been dominate for as long as they have because of buying up smaller companies and their technologies to either integrate into their suite of software or to just squash.

You can choose any industry and this happens again and again.. But, I don't want to get off track here.

Hope this helps.. Also, I'm old enough and educated enough to never make a blanket remark without knowing enough about the subject to make that remark in the first place.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 19:49   #24

Boat: Custom 36' folding sailing cat
Hey David M,
Check out the movie, "Who killed the electric car."
Not exactly a hybrid drive sailboat, but very pertinent to what you and shadow are discussing.
solarbri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric motor, lagoon, motor