Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-11-2018, 06:19   #1
bfc

Lagoon 450 TV lift

I am having a problem getting my TV lift to recess back into the cabinet. It lifted fine last night but but will not go back in now. This is on a 2012 Lagoon 450, I am unable to find out anything from the manual so I am reaching out for some help or suggestions on this issue. Thanks
bfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 18:05   #2

Boat: 450S
Re: Lagoon 450 TV lift

If you cant fix it, an alternative is to permanently mount the TV. I then converted the TV storage area into a bar.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181117_060119.jpeg
Views:	487
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	180745
Pascals Wager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 01:03   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450S

You need to explain your problem more completely.

Does not move? Does not go ALL the way down? Motor does not turn on?
geekoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 01:16   #4

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekoman View Post
You need to explain your problem more completely.

Does not move? Does not go ALL the way down? Motor does not turn on?
wow, how much this thing weight? Here in Sydney people install lifts in houses as they lazy (too heavy?) to walk, but to have TV lift, thats brave new world.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 05:35   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
wow, how much this thing weight? Here in Sydney people install lifts in houses as they lazy (too heavy?) to walk, but to have TV lift, thats brave new world.
This is what is known as a "First World Problem."
billknny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 15:07   #6

Boat: Fusion 40

See if you can see a brand on the lifting servos and try googling that. I had a little bit to do with these and understand the position sensors in the servos fail. I seem to recall that you an do some sort of reset but can't remember how.
Scrubby
jacktheflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2018, 09:50   #7

As with a previous post we have the TV up, the storage area we use for a second inverter so now we have 110V and 240V inverters, but I like the idea of a liquor cabinet better
Bean Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2018, 03:57   #8
bfc

The TV lift has been working until a couple weeks ago. There is a button to raise it and one to lower it, and it will not lower. The TV came with the Lagoon 450 so it is original equipment from the factory. There is no easy access to the system because it is placed behind a solid piece of wood at the back of the drawer bank. I have chased the wires and and inspected the fuses and all look good. I just thought if someone else had this issue before then they may have an idea for me to try. it may be possible the switch button went out.
Old 29-11-2018, 04:07   #9
bfc

It does not move at all, the motor is not engaging either. The TV was original equipment with the catamaran. We ran the TV up to watch movies and when we went to recess it back into the cabinet there was no movement from the lift platform. It does not appear accessible with out removing the woodwork from the cabinet and control panel, and that is not a practical idea.
Old 29-11-2018, 04:25   #10

Boat: Lagoon 450S

This has not happened to us yet. So ideas for troubleshooting.

I assume that you are getting no clicking or motor noise when you hit the down button.

Two "easy" things come to mind. The fuse, and the switch.

If you can find the fuse in the electrical panel, it might have popped. Ours are small blade circuit breakers, so easy to see if one has popped.

Then, I'd look to make sure the up/down switch is working properly. Pull off the cover and see if there are obvious contact to short out and engage the motor.

The TV is removable by lifting it up. This will give you more working room from the top. There is one screw holding the TV down into a v-notch. Not the four head you see on the back, those are just for positioning. But, our single screw was not engaged. So just gravity and a little bit of friction to overcome. Then, lift about 3 inches and pull out - toward cabinet front. Now you will have a lot of room to work back there.

Also, it seems that the raising system might use a couple of switches - full up and full down - which tells the motors when to stop running ( only a guess ). Maybe something hit the fully down switch and the raising mechanism thinks it down. With all the wires running around back there, one could have hit it.

That would be the start of my approach.
geekoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lift