Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2017, 11:35   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 15
Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Does anyone have information on when and if the Lagoon 450 line is going to be replaced by a new model? I am thinking its due, but then again the manufacture is crazy busy these days and may be more inclined to push as many 450's through the production line as possible and cash in.

Anyhow, if you know or have heard anything about the 450 replacement then I would love to hear.
__________________

d95sld95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 22:34   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 801
Images: 17
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

I know they are selling L450's with production slots in 2019. Thinking its there next Classic in L380 vain.
__________________

__________________

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 00:06   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 140
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Following, very keen on an updated 450F

Quote:
Originally Posted by d95sld95 View Post
Does anyone have information on when and if the Lagoon 450 line is going to be replaced by a new model? I am thinking its due, but then again the manufacture is crazy busy these days and may be more inclined to push as many 450's through the production line as possible and cash in.

Anyhow, if you know or have heard anything about the 450 replacement then I would love to hear.
EvilRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 01:46   #4
rom
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2016
Boat: Lagoon 440
Posts: 517
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRabbit View Post
Following, very keen on an updated 450F
Well ... don't be too excited this is actually your last chance to buy a good 45 footer new from lagoon. The next one will weight 20 metric tons.
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 03:08   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 140
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Is that an assumption or from some design spec? New 50í is 20t so assume a new 45 to be at 16t


Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
Well ... don't be too excited this is actually your last chance to buy a good 45 footer new from lagoon. The next one will weight 20 metric tons.
EvilRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 06:19   #6
rom
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2016
Boat: Lagoon 440
Posts: 517
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRabbit View Post
Is that an assumption or from some design spec? New 50í is 20t so assume a new 45 to be at 16t
Sorry that was me being ironic. Well, the 50 is actually 14.75m and weights 21 tons. The current L450 is 14m and weights 15.5 tons. Quite obviously they cannot make the 450 much bigger as the 50 is not far. Hopefully they will stick to those dimensions and only do minor refinements.
rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 14:08   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
. Well, the 50 is actually 14.75m and weights 21 tons. The current L450 is 14m and weights 15.5 tons. .
Thats why i am eager to hear unbiased reviews of L50 actual sailing performance compared to L450!
Valiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 08:44   #8
Registered User
 
Ruffriders's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: canada
Boat: 1984 Hans Christian 33t
Posts: 55
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Following
Ruffriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 09:19   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom View Post
Well ... don't be too excited this is actually your last chance to buy a good 45 footer new from lagoon. The next one will weight 20 metric tons.


Valiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 12:06   #10
Registered User
 
Ruffriders's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: canada
Boat: 1984 Hans Christian 33t
Posts: 55
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Anyone have the option list with prices? And base msrp for both 450ís
Ruffriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 15:11   #11
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 257
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffriders View Post
Anyone have the option list with prices? And base msrp for both 450ís

I have one from Mar of 2017. Send me a PM and I will forward it to you
rallyman1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 19:05   #12
Senior Cruiser
 
Emerald Sea's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Live-aboard Cruiser
Boat: Lagoon 450
Posts: 625
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Not anytime soon! Lagoon have put a second production line on for the 450 due to demand which is approaching 2020 now. It took some effort to get it manned, staff trained with many coming from the Beneteau assembly line. Its a great boat, very reliable (at least the hull, superstructure and assembly), respectable performance, spacious. They may make some small innovations but not likely any major revisions soon.

I certainly didn't like the revised interior layout in 2016 but most disappointing was replacing the mast with single shrouds from the previous dual shrouds. 2 is better than 1 - redundancy is preferred.
__________________
Steve
SV Emerald Sea
L450
Emerald Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 19:23   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 897
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sea View Post
Not anytime soon! Lagoon have put a second production line on for the 450 due to demand which is approaching 2020 now. It took some effort to get it manned, staff trained with many coming from the Beneteau assembly line. Its a great boat, very reliable (at least the hull, superstructure and assembly), respectable performance, spacious. They may make some small innovations but not likely any major revisions soon.

I certainly didn't like the revised interior layout in 2016 but most disappointing was replacing the mast with single shrouds from the previous dual shrouds. 2 is better than 1 - redundancy is preferred.
I agree with your sentiments regarding the 450. When you're on a good thing, stick to it!

I'm not sure about the "2 shrouds being better than one" logic. If one of your shrouds breaks the remaining one will be very unlikely to hold on its own. The mast will come down. And there's twice as much chance of one breaking if you have two shrouds on each side.

Moral of the story; don't break shrouds.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 10:18   #14
Senior Cruiser
 
Emerald Sea's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Live-aboard Cruiser
Boat: Lagoon 450
Posts: 625
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskie View Post
I'm not sure about the "2 shrouds being better than one" logic. If one of your shrouds breaks the remaining one will be very unlikely to hold on its own. The mast will come down. And there's twice as much chance of one breaking if you have two shrouds on each side.
Sorry Tuskie, but that doesn't stand to reason. Im a mechanical engineer and while I would agree in a failure mode that if one breaks it may all come down, but in a stability and structural support mode, two is better than one!
__________________
Steve
SV Emerald Sea
L450
Emerald Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 10:27   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 59
Re: Lagoon 450 replacement in 2018/2019?

What is the reasoning beyond the change from 2 to 1 ? Can't be only a cost driven decision. Especially as it seems the Rig has been modified and there is a new front shroud which wasn't there before (attachment on mast in front of the boom).
Easier manufacturing? A bit extreme change. They hopefully have gone through some analysis to get the rig as robust - if not more than before.

I also feel 2 is better than one, but i'm not a mechanical engineer and know nothing about rigging. So quite curious on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Sea View Post
Sorry Tuskie, but that doesn't stand to reason. Im a mechanical engineer and while I would agree in a failure mode that if one breaks it may all come down, but in a stability and structural support mode, two is better than one!
__________________

c-reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lagoon, men

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saba 50: 2019 Saba Ordered! CalmSeasQuest Fountaine Pajot 31 Yesterday 08:45
Caribbean Cruising 2018/2019 season - good or bad idea? jimp1234 General Sailing Forum 19 31-12-2017 00:06
Crew Wanted: ARC Europe - BVI to Portugal May 2018 to June 2018 jhill82 Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 0 10-12-2017 06:30
[SOLD] Lagoon 421 or Lagoon 450 anthonyp0808 Classifieds Archive 0 29-09-2016 12:27
Finding the monohull family cruiser for ARC 2019 tob Monohull Sailboats 27 25-01-2015 03:31



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.