Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2018, 22:36   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Lagoon 450 maintenance

Hello to all owners!
We have recently moved onto our 3 year old Lagoon 450 in Corfu, Greece and plan to sail her back to Australia over at least 5 years. My wife and I have been on board now for 6 weeks and are loving the boat and the our new lifestyle. I have read through the manuals but was seeking advice from liveaboards to how you have created a regular maintenance programme. I am reasonably handy and plan to do most basic items myself.
We bought the boat direct from another Australian who owned it in partnership, which obviously didn't work, he was extremely difficult to deal with to the point where I am reasonably certain there was an undiagnosed mental issue, hence we have no broker support. For anyone out there wishing to buy without a broker involved I am happy to share some acquired wisdom.
Look forward to any tips anyone can provide.
Cheers
Euge
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 02:42   #2

Boat: Lagoon 450f
Re: Lagoon 450 maintenance

I shall be watching this post with interest - we have a 2018 450f and I’m just putting together a maintenance schedule/hard copy file with regular and irregular tasks.

Our dealer support is good so I shall be leaning on them for assistance also.

Best regards
slimnrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 03:52   #3

I have a maintenance schedule spreadsheet for our L450 that I have built up over 6 years. I will paste here tomorrow when on my computer. Fantastic yachts but like all need fairly regular upkeep.
DavefromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 23:25   #4

Boat: Lagoon 450f

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavefromNZ View Post
I have a maintenance schedule spreadsheet for our L450 that I have built up over 6 years. I will paste here tomorrow when on my computer. Fantastic yachts but like all need fairly regular upkeep.
Looking forward to seeing those, thanks!
slimnrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 05:09   #5

Quote:

Hi Dave,
Thank you! That would be much appreciated. We love the boat and look forward to you sharing any information.
Cheers
Euge
Old 29-05-2018, 01:18   #6

Look forward to your list Dave!

We are also slowly compiling one, and just recently added "check batten cars" to that after one came loose en route to India and spilled all it's torlon ball bearings into the sea.

The small screws that secure the batten cars were not put in with loctite so after 7 years (ours is a 2011 model) managed to work their way loose.

Now all tightened and loctite added! Not sure how often one should check them, but that's been added to our annual maintenance list.

As a side note - torlon balls available from Drake Plastics, who ship from Texas and have a sliding scale of cost based on volume. I couldn't wait for extended shipping time from the US and sourced them from ZSpars UK.
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 16:17   #7

Quote:
(Thank You) ^ 1000 times !!

Do you also have some kind of spare parts list required over time to carry on Level 1 maintenance (not requiring boat yard/hallout or pro-mandatory maintenance) ?
c-reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 00:26   #8

Boat: Lagoon 450S
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai

Quote:

Plus 7 on the spreadsheet Dave.
Thanks
Old 31-05-2018, 00:39   #9

Boat: currently boatless

HI Euge, Well done on your purchase. We have just purchased a Lagoon 440 having owned a Lagoon 410 previously. We had a regular schedule for maintenance on the 410 and looking to have one in place for the 440. Here in Aus we a Facebook site called Lagoon in Oz which is open only to Australian Lagoon owners or prospective Lagoon owners in Australiasia. There are many 45o owners on the site with lots of information you may require.
One thing I highly recomend is a spreadsheet identifying all you spare parts. I use it often and you would not beleive how much time and frustration it saves being able to idenitfy immediatly where something is located.

Greg H
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2018, 03:45   #10

Sorry about the delay. Here is my list from 6 years of working on Magique from the bilges to the top of the mast. Some is regular maintenance and I sometimes push out dates if, say, I have not done many engine hours in a year. Some like the Genset anode at 18 months is an absolute max. I have also tried to list part and serial numbers when I find them for future replacements.

PM me if you want this as an excel spreadsheet.

Cheers
Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAGIQUE Schedule.pdf (93.1 KB, 650 views)
Old 31-05-2018, 04:36   #11

Thanks Dave!

We've also been going through the process of making spreadsheets for easy reference. Attached is our filter stock list, which shows how we keep track of what filters we have in stock and which need ordering, as well as a list of the various generic filters (manufacturer and filter number) for both the generator and the engines on our L450.

It's not always easy to source parts in our neck of the woods so we have to know what else fits - and it helps to have a list of possibilities instead of having to google each time.
Attached Files
File Type: xls L450 Filter inventory.xls (33.5 KB, 275 views)
Millerslocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 21:57   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
HI Euge, Well done on your purchase. We have just purchased a Lagoon 440 having owned a Lagoon 410 previously. We had a regular schedule for maintenance on the 410 and looking to have one in place for the 440. Here in Aus we a Facebook site called Lagoon in Oz which is open only to Australian Lagoon owners or prospective Lagoon owners in Australiasia. There are many 45o owners on the site with lots of information you may require.

One thing I highly recomend is a spreadsheet identifying all you spare parts. I use it often and you would not beleive how much time and frustration it saves being able to idenitfy immediatly where something is located.

Greg H

Hi Greg,
Thank you! That does make sense. We have spread sheet set up for all items on the boat but I will spend the time to detail spares.
Happy sailing!
Euge
Old 04-06-2018, 20:48   #13

Quote:
Sorry about the delay. Here is my list from 6 years of working on Magique from the bilges to the top of the mast. Some is regular maintenance and I sometimes push out dates if, say, I have not done many engine hours in a year. Some like the Genset anode at 18 months is an absolute max. I have also tried to list part and serial numbers when I find them for future replacements.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave!
Look forward to having a look. Where are you now?
Cheers
Euge
Old 04-06-2018, 20:51   #14

Quote:

Cheers

Dave

Just had a look and it is exactly what we need. Much appreciated for sharing.
Cheers
Euge
Old 10-06-2018, 20:49   #15

Just had my L450 hydraulic steering unit (LECOMBLE & SCHMITT VHM 40 ST 16 DE BP - 12V) serviced after 6 years. We thought we had heard clunking like an air lock. Turns out it was very easy to remove; Two electrical connectors, 4 bolts, 4 screws and a cotter pin and lift it all out as one.

Engineer told me to bleed just release the nipple on the pump and the two on the ram until the air has drained out by gravity feed from the higher tank.

Replaced the seals but didn't find anything wrong with the pump so hopefully the bleeding cleared the air and knocking.

Dropping the rudders next week to replace bearings. Really does need it after 6 years! I will attached a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hyd VHM 40 ST.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	171474  

Tags
lagoon, maintenance