Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:24   #151

Boat: Lagoon 440 , 2009 / Lagoon Power Cat 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorm View Post
I appreciate the quick and thoughtful responses from all of you.
Andy: Apparently there's conflicting information on the Lagoon website, if you found a place where it says the 440 is vacuum-bagged. The following page on their site says the 440 is not (LAGOON - distributeur catamaran- bateaux de plaisance). And Staley Weidman, one of the main Lagoon sales reps in the States acknowledged by email that the 440 is hand-laid. Lots of confusion...
Hi Again .
All I did is I was talking to the technical manager of Lagoon and got the clear answer from him .
I meet him In Cannes and In Genoa he is a nice guy and I am sure he will answer allot of your confusions .
Regards
Andy
AndyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 05:50   #152

Send a message via Skype™ to restorm
Thanks, Andy. Actually, his time would probably be better invested in clearing up the confusion on their website and in their salesforce...
restorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 09:57   #153

I totaly agree with you
!
Old 13-10-2008, 11:35   #154

Lagoon officially renegs on hybrid promise

One of the reasons I was torn between the Lagoon 440 and the Leopard 46 just disappeared. I love the concept of the hybrid drive, but Lagoon apparently hasn't been able to work out the bugs. I've been trying to get a straight answer for some time as to whether Lagoon is still planning to follow-through on their commitment to hybridize all their models. After several attempts, I finally got one of their sales reps to come right out and say that Lagoon will NOT be coming out with a hybrid 440. That makes me lean much harder towards Leopard 46, although there are still many features of the L440 that I prefer.
Old 14-10-2008, 04:00   #155

Hi restorm
Well the leopard is a nice boat no doubt about it , but for me the fact that they do not have boats around Europe played a role while lagoon is very well spreed around and has a large User base in Europe , as to the USA I know here are a lot of leopards .
more over leopard does not have a hybrid as well as far as I know .
as to Lagoon the statement they made is that they will develop the hybrid further there was an article about it in Mulithall World not so long ago . same statment was made in Cannes France a short while ago during the boat show .
Old 14-10-2008, 04:28   #156

Well, once again, there seems to be a disconnect between their sales force and their factory. I can't say all this confusion does much to inspire confidence in the company. I have heard that people tend to have better experiences with Leopard after the purchase, possibly due to its being a smaller company with a much simpler sales system. I would be sailing primarily in the Americas (both sides), so Leopard's lack of representation in Europe won't likely be a problem. I know Leopard has no interest in hybrids, which is why the news about Lagoon's abandoning it on the 440 increased my interest in Leopard. I've heard that the FastCat folks have a hybrid option, but I can't seem to find much info on the FastCat 455 in the web.
Old 14-10-2008, 08:30   #157

hi all, we are just starting out on the idea of cashing it all in & buying a yatch to cruise the med.
started out looking at monohulls of around 36 - 40 ft I think that 2 of us could manage that. Then it starts to get confusing, swing keels, lifting keels or fixed keels.
We like the idea of being able to anchor up close to the shore, also the thought of being able to clean/ work on the hull without having to lift her out. Then we started to look at Cats, this would mean a 2nd hand as a budget of £200k is max for the purchase in a turn key condition.

My question is: what would you recomend we look at, we need a large cabin for us with a large roomy head as I am 6ft 2, (& larger in width) one other cabin for occasional guest which would be used as storage most of the time.Safty,ease of use, twin engines & be able to sail all from the cockpit is important, I would be grateful of your experience.
bobgardner1@bti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 12:00   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgardner1@bti View Post
hi all, we are just starting out on the idea of cashing it all in & buying a yatch to cruise the med.
started out looking at monohulls of around 36 - 40 ft I think that 2 of us could manage that. Then it starts to get confusing, swing keels, lifting keels or fixed keels.
We like the idea of being able to anchor up close to the shore, also the thought of being able to clean/ work on the hull without having to lift her out. Then we started to look at Cats, this would mean a 2nd hand as a budget of £200k is max for the purchase in a turn key condition.

My question is: what would you recomend we look at, we need a large cabin for us with a large roomy head as I am 6ft 2, (& larger in width) one other cabin for occasional guest which would be used as storage most of the time.Safty,ease of use, twin engines & be able to sail all from the cockpit is important, I would be grateful of your experience.
Hi Bob

well most catamarans offer a 1.60 m bed width at the largest point
see Orana from FP and Lagoon 380, 400 I am not familiar with the Leopard and other options , and they all answer your other requests .
Leopard tough is not popular in the MEd whil Lagoon is very popular in the Med .
Old 14-10-2008, 12:03   #159

Quote:
Well, once again, there seems to be a disconnect between their sales force and their factory. I can't say all this confusion does much to inspire confidence in the company. I have heard that people tend to have better experiences with Leopard after the purchase, possibly due to its being a smaller company with a much simpler sales system. I would be sailing primarily in the Americas (both sides), so Leopard's lack of representation in Europe won't likely be a problem. I know Leopard has no interest in hybrids, which is why the news about Lagoon's abandoning it on the 440 increased my interest in Leopard. I've heard that the FastCat folks have a hybrid option, but I can't seem to find much info on the FastCat 455 in the web.
Hi

I do know about the fast cat 455 , and you may be better with Leopard
if you are around the USA as there is allot of them in Charter they are owned by Moorings who is the Charter company so servise should be good on your sailing side
Old 15-10-2008, 05:36   #160

You're right

Thanks, Andy. You're right: I shouldn't get so wrapped up in design and technology that I forget the value of easy maintenance and service.
Old 15-10-2008, 08:17   #161

Quote:
Thanks, Andy. You're right: I shouldn't get so wrapped up in design and technology that I forget the value of easy maintenance and service.

well good luck with your decision !
Old 25-10-2008, 10:59   #162

Quote:

well did you make your mind by now ?
Old 26-10-2008, 05:24   #163

Sailing is in order

No, I haven't made my mind up, yet. I've never sailed either, so I guess I'll charter each for a week via Moorings. Cheers! - Storm
Old 08-11-2008, 09:12   #164

Hi All seems we have very little activity on the Lagoon site here :-)
do you know any other place where lagoon Owners do meet for a good Blog ?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23   #165

Hi can anyone recommend a good package for internet connection ?

Tags
lagoon, Lagoon 440