Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 11:36   #1

Boat: L42
Lagoon 42 - Code Zero Rig and Pole option $5,400

As with most Lagoon options this one seems high. Can someone please tell me exactly what this includes. Has anyone done this aftermarket and what was the cost. It would seem I could do a lot for $5,400 USD.
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 07:33   #2

Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Re: Lagoon 42 - Code Zero Rig and Pole option $5,400

I am not sure, maybe you should ask your dealer.
On our lagoon 400S2 there is the bowsprit rigged, 3 Harken black magic 75 blocks (two on port to redirect the port sheet to the halyard power winch and one on starboard to redirect the sheet to the new dedicated spi/code0 manual winch there, a furlex and the code0, sheets for the code0, the halyard for the Spi/Code0.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:23   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Lagoon 42 - Code Zero Rig and Pole option $5,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_C View Post
As with most Lagoon options this one seems high. Can someone please tell me exactly what this includes. Has anyone done this aftermarket and what was the cost. It would seem I could do a lot for $5,400 USD.

Very often, especially with new items, whether it be an automobile, airplane or a house, the “dealer installed” options are at a gross markup, and people very often get the way overpriced options. Some believe I guess that way it’s covered under the vehicles warranty, which it’s often not, but I’m convinced also that it’s done out of laziness or because it can be financed into the purchase price that way.
Often times those options are the bulk of a dealers profit, even often you pay for “dealer prep” which one would think that’s why a dealer exists, to prep the item for sale?
I’ve seen people pay double for washers and driers and the landscaping and fence etc, because they can afford the payment if it’s plowed into the financing, but no way could they afford to pay cash for each item individually.

It’s not just a Catamaran or a Lagoon thing.
If you can afford to, buy a vanilla boat, that way you can spec everything yourself, most often ending up with higher quality components at a lower price. I mean anchor, windlass etc.
Very often that stuff ideally should be larger than usually offered on a stock boat if your going cruising anyway
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 13:44   #4

Boat: L42
Re: Lagoon 42 - Code Zero Rig and Pole option $5,400

I am actually looking hard at every option, and most are not only WAY over priced, but force me to choose an option or brand I don't want. In fact, most lightly used Lagoon 42's Huare so loaded up with factory options I can buy a new boat, fit it out the way I want and still be less than used.

That's why I am asking about this option, I am hoping someone will have added this after purchase and will give me some insight into it's value.

There are some items that are actually looking like a better deal from the factory, but not many.

Things like
folding props
Vhf
Radar
Nav gear and MFD
Additional water tank
Electric winches

There are also plenty that come standard that I wish I could leave off and get credit for. I may be removing quite a few before use and trying to sale. I figure it would be easier to get something for this stuff if it is new.

Things like
Propane system
Oven
Cooktop
Toilets
Refrigerator
Batteries (House)

Possibly even the windlass

I really prefer to do as much myself as possible and use exactly the equipment I prefer. I usually end up going thru every system anyway just to make sure I understand everything about it and to make sure it's done to my standards. I have actually purchased a bare hull before just so I could do everything.

Any way all input is welcome, but I do hope that someone with a Lagoon has added this and can comment

Thanks!
Steve_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code zero, lagoon