Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 13:35   #1

Lagoon 410 Parts

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting but have been a closet reader for awhile. Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to find parts for our 2001 Lagoon 410? I am not able to find manufacturer data or part numbers for things like hinges, latches, sliding door parts and am having difficulty finding anything online. Any help/direction would be appreciated. I have tried West Marine and Boat Owner's Warehouse, but some items seem to be boat/manufacturer specific.
Uno Mas Cerveza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:38   #2
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Why not contact Lagoon? It is not as if they are out of business and while they may not (probably won't) stock old hinges, latches etc., they can likely provide you with the name of the manufacturer, who still might. If not - then welcome to the wonderful world of boating!!!!! It really is still a cottage industry, in many respects, and most of us have come to recognize that many parts (such as you describe) will be unavailable within a few years. You may well end up having to make do with/alter something else for your purposes.

Having said that, necessity is the mother of invention and inventiveness is a very good quality to possess if you plan on doing any sort of extended cruising.

Cheers!

Brad

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22   #3

Lagoon Parts

I have tried contacting Lagoon. If you do not have a part number, it can take months for their "local" service company to get a quote directly from Lagoon. Lagoon does not want to work directly with their boatowners, from my experience, especially if you are the fourth or fifth owner. The parts, if you are lucky enough to find the right ones, then have to be shipped from France, clear duty, taking even longer and at an extremely high price.

This is why I am asking if there is anyone in the cruising community that has had any better luck before I break out the bailing twine and duct tape.

Cheerio!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:29   #4
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Wow, hardly the after-market service that I would have expected from Lagoon. Have you thought of posting under the Lagoon sub-thread - there must be some other owner who has a suggestion.

brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 08:48   #5

Boat: Lagoon 410 ELECTRIC!
Re: Lagoon 410 Parts

SS Lagoon is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with on service on after sales. Uno, I've had much better luck with Beneteau Parts@BeneteauUSA.com for parts on my 410. Most of the parts are the same and can be ordered within days. Now if your looking for a body part or something you know is specific to the Cats then we are screwed but the small stuff is there if you look hard enough. The admiral wanted more mirrors in the bathroom so I ordered the clips that matched the others and had them within 3 days. I wish the sister company could be as responsive.

Steve in Solomons MD
Hyprdrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 14:47   #6

Thank you! I will definitely try Beneteau. Hoping some of the door hinges will match up!
Old 02-04-2011, 05:11   #7

OK the numbers are:
Left door hinge 60x40 part # 006233
Right door hinge 60x40 #006232
Cabinet door hinge right 60x35 #647750
Cabinet door hinge left 60x35 #647751

Go to the site and punch those numbers in and you should get a picture. It will take you a while to figure out the site but hang in there. I have searched almost all the boats there to gather a parts list but I know there's more. If you send me an email directly I can send you a spread sheet of what I have so far. If you have any info on any parts send it to me at sdolan@scannersllc.com

Steve in Solomons MD

Any issues with the wood finish pealing off?
Old 24-06-2011, 07:24   #8

Boat: 2004 Beneteau 473
Send a message via Yahoo to Knucklehead

Steve, I toured your boat during the Edgewater, mini-boat show. Damn good looking Cat. I was really impressed with the care you have given it. The size and attention to detail really caused me to rethink my staying a monohull sailer. I do have a question for you. I am considering the purchase of a 410 for cruising. Would you consider yours for cruising? Are there many electrics that have not been converted to diesel remaining? The dealer considers you the resident expert when electric Lagoons are concerned. Just curious, Karl (former Beneteau 461 Oceanis owner)
Old 24-06-2011, 08:32   #9

Hi Karl,
Well thank you very much for the complements. With out a second thought I would defiantly consider the 410 as a cruiser. There are a number of 380's that are doing it and find the size to be fine however I believe the added space and storage of the 410 to be perfect for travel. Heck they do it in a bath tub but there's no way my lovely wife Cindy would consider anything smaller then the 410.
Of the 410's there was only 3 built with the electric drives, all 3 are still running strong One in Boston, up from Florida last year, one down some where in South America out of New Orleans and Electra Glide (our boat) in Solomons MD. The ones that some have been converted back to Diesel were Lagoons attempt to go electric on there own, the 420's. I'm not sure of the exact #'s but a fair number of them have had problems and mostly do to improper energy management on both sides, the Owners and Lagoon. But if your told the system will do X and it doesn't come close then I'd be ticked as well. I also heard that the hull redesign for the added weight of the batteries (a system of 72V, another mistake in my mind) did nothing to add to the speed under sail.
All in all I couldn't be happier with EG. Any specific questions you can Email me.

Steve in Solomons MD
Lagoon 410 SE
Old 22-04-2013, 09:40   #10
Marine Service Provider

Location: Floating around, usually somewhere between Miami & Key West
Boat: Kit Cat

don't use multi-tech in ft lauderdale, they are very difficult to deal with
double exposure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, parts