Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 22:55   #331

I agree this is really a good catamaran and we feel very safe in navigation.I am professional captain, french native and i delivered several of these models to USA.if you have any questions feel free to contact me (info@cataworld.com)
piete69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:21   #332

Boat: FP Elba 45
squeks & fenders

Hello all, last weekend experienced winds 25 to 30 kt and choppy short waves, no squeaks, early days yet, may be something to come, hope not.
I'd like to share a disaster story on my shiny new Lagoon 400, for the first time I refuelled at our marina which I am unfamiliar with, managed to motor in and just slide in next to the bowsers perfectly, my good lady tied up, I with my chest full of self admiration stepped on to the pontoon went to the bowsers, guess what, I had moored perfectly at the petrol bowser, so I had to undo the mooring lines and motor up about five meters to the diesel pump, retied then discovered the hose was not long enough to reach the other side of the L400 so after filling up I had go through the whole exercise for the third time to fill the other side, in the process the wind had strengthened pushing me into the pontoon, I said to myself, self, not a problem the fenders will protect my three month old pristine hulls, alas the fender was squashed up and out as I was pushing under engines up the pontoon to line up with the diesel pumps, I now have a rather long scratch, and a very deflated ego, but wiser for the experience. Regards Peter

peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:00   #333
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
, I now have a rather long scratch, and a very deflated ego, but wiser for the experience. Regards Peter
Its just a little character scar. It ain't nothing.

Great story!

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:56   #334

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
Hello all, last weekend experienced winds 25 to 30 kt and choppy short waves, no squeaks, early days yet, may be something to come, hope not.
I'd like to share a disaster story on my shiny new Lagoon 400, for the first time I refuelled at our marina which I am unfamiliar with, managed to motor in and just slide in next to the bowsers perfectly, my good lady tied up, I with my chest full of self admiration stepped on to the pontoon went to the bowsers, guess what, I had moored perfectly at the petrol bowser, so I had to undo the mooring lines and motor up about five meters to the diesel pump, retied then discovered the hose was not long enough to reach the other side of the L400 so after filling up I had go through the whole exercise for the third time to fill the other side, in the process the wind had strengthened pushing me into the pontoon, I said to myself, self, not a problem the fenders will protect my three month old pristine hulls, alas the fender was squashed up and out as I was pushing under engines up the pontoon to line up with the diesel pumps, I now have a rather long scratch, and a very deflated ego, but wiser for the experience. Regards Peter
Peter

Could have been any of us, and most of us have done the same thing without the fenders riding up. I'd hope that you can get it polished out at some time in the near future.

I crashed my car last winter and drove around with the minor damage for several months. I think that I did it to punish myself for being sucha jerk, but all it did was annoy me and make me hate the car for short period of time. Now that I've had it fixed, I've largely forgotten about the cost and have grown to like my car again.

Glad that you are out and about in your boat.

Where have you been? Days on board? Experience of time spent on board? Let us know, if you have time.

Cheers

Garold
Garold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 16:32   #335

Boat: Lagoon 400, HanaFe
Like a speedboat

Hi,

if you are interested to see a Lagoon 400 speeding 14 - 19 knots under Parasailor than click this link:

hanafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 16:58   #336

Boat: lagoon 400
What was the wind blowing? Does your parasailor have a sock? Any difficulty taking sail down?

awesome sight!
Raleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 20:15   #337
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanafe View Post
a Lagoon 400 speeding 14 - 19 knots under Parasailor
Woo Hoo!
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 21:01   #338

It was up to 25 - 30 kts true wind, but not all the time of course, no problems taking it down.
Old 10-11-2010, 23:52   #339

Boat: Maverick 400 Catamaran
Looks like a great ride!, I loved the rooster at one stage, that also clearly puts the handbook "must have the main up" section to bed.
paulrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:26   #340

HI, does anyone no what spinnaker size is best for the 400? brand, Type etc..

Jens
jfjelnset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:25   #341

Boat: Maine Cat 41
Looks like a fun ride, but this thought popped into my head:

Did you lose the dinghy?

Fair Winds,
Mike
YOGAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 18:22   #342

Jens, According to my information 178 sqm Parasailor from Istec. Very good and very expensive, more than 5.000 Euro.
Old 11-11-2010, 21:04   #343

Boat: Lagoon 400
L400 Spinning at anchor

Guys as you have all had more experience than myself I have a question. We have been sailing up the Qld coast and have almost arrived at Townsville but as we have been travelling we have noticed that at anchor we always spin around the anchor much more than any of the other Cats around us. Have you guys experienced this and if so did you find any way to slow it down?

Thanks
lazell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:46   #344

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38
I enquired in the UK about a Parasailor, at the Southampton Boat Show in Sept 2010.

I was a bit shocked because the price quoted with a snuffer was over £6000. Whilst I would like one of these sails, I just couldn't justify this amount of money. Maybe if one is goin got sail across the Atlantic and get really good use out of it, there may be a possibility.

Cheers

Garold
Garold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:42   #345

Boat: Maverick 400 Catamaran
Hi Lazell

Are you using your bridle and letting enough chain out to make sure it is the bridle holding the boat?
paulrack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400