Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 19:01   #31

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdnase
Haha that's funny.

Heres another query I hope a lagoon owner can enlighten me...
Hey Erdnase, don't be so "kia su". Save some of your questions for when your boat arrives. That way you don't need to look back and say, "did I really ask those questions?" : )

If you need crew, I am putting my hand up for the opportunity. I have been on a couple of 400s and am keen to see and touch the difference with the S-2. I am in Sydney, but my son lives in Reflections, Singapore, which is within cooee of the marinas : )

Cheers!

JohnC
Wayward Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:16   #32

Boat: Lagoon 420
Send a message via Skype™ to casablanca
John,

We are in Pittwater on our 420 Casablanca at Careel Bay. We will keep an eye out. Heading to Lake Maquarie next week.

Bob
casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:01   #33

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
[QUOTE="casablanca"]John,

We are in Pittwater on our 420 Casablanca at Careel Bay.

Howdy neighbour. We are a couple of moorings from you in Careel Bay. Look forward to catching up with you.
JohnC
Wayward Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:03   #34

Boat: Lagoon 400 S-2 catamaran
What is the best option all you fellow lagoon 400 owners have made to your boats? Which option would you guys not have bought since buying from the open market is so much easier.

Would it be the solar panels? The gen set or even the dinghy with the 20bhp outboard?
Erdnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 14:44   #35

Boat: FP Elba 45
Re: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
What is the best option all you fellow lagoon 400 owners have made to your boats? Which option would you guys not have bought since buying from the open market is so much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post

Would it be the solar panels? The gen set or even the dinghy with the 20bhp outboard?
Hello Erdnase, where on the planet are you based. I ordered all the factory options except water maker, the only thing I haven't used much has been the aircon, funnily enough we used the heater often as we sometimes have lunch on the cat in the winter in the marina, really nice to warm things up on a chilly day. Lagoon had a promotion when I purchased, hull no 93 which included the solar panels, (3 130w) and the 3.3m tender including a 20HP Honda, not sure if you have finalized your deal yet but may be worth asking about incentives on offer. I have since had fitted last week a chain counter, I chose the 'Quick' brand as it is the same brand as the chain winch, tried it out last weekend, very usefull when lifting the chain from the steering station, it has a calibration that 'stops' the chain just above the water line, handy as I can not see the chain coming up from my position at the wheel, after it 'stops' one then presses another button that releases the 'stop' then I press the up button again to lock home the anchor, we are now looking at fitting a camera to the front that will talk to both my E series touch screen plotters, so hopefully I will be able to see as well as control the anchor from the helm. I have posted several photo's of handhold's etc. on the 400 thread I had fitted which you might find interesting
And congratulations on your purchase. Regards Peter
peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:39   #36

Boat: Lagoon 400 S-2 catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp

Hello Erdnase, where on the planet are you based. I ordered all the factory options except water maker, the only thing I haven't used much has been the aircon, funnily enough we used the heater often as we sometimes have lunch on the cat in the winter in the marina, really nice to warm things up on a chilly day. Lagoon had a promotion when I purchased, hull no 93 which included the solar panels, (3 130w) and the 3.3m tender including a 20HP Honda, not sure if you have finalized your deal yet but may be worth asking about incentives on offer. I have since had fitted last week a chain counter, I chose the 'Quick' brand as it is the same brand as the chain winch, tried it out last weekend, very usefull when lifting the chain from the steering station, it has a calibration that 'stops' the chain just above the water line, handy as I can not see the chain coming up from my position at the wheel, after it 'stops' one then presses another button that releases the 'stop' then I press the up button again to lock home the anchor, we are now looking at fitting a camera to the front that will talk to both my E series touch screen plotters, so hopefully I will be able to see as well as control the anchor from the helm. I have posted several photo's of handhold's etc. on the 400 thread I had fitted which you might find interesting
And congratulations on your purchase. Regards Peter
I am based in Singapore. I have already ordered the lagoon 400 with almost all options except the solar panels since I already have the generator. I intend to custom make my solar panels in a local manufacturer. I hope it's a good buy and it's so exciting to be waiting for my craft that will arrive sometime in 2013 June and join lagoon owners from all over the world in enjoying a great craft.
Erdnase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 19:12   #37

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

In the latest Cruising Helmsman Australia magazine they have a test of the owners version Lagoon 400 S2.

They say the base price is AU$260k, with the Essential package adding another AU$20k & that includes genset, Raymarine navpack, square top main etc. Me thinks that this must be a typo. I think they got the first numeral wrong ... if not then I might rush out & replace my 380 with a new 400.

Surely this can't be correct.

Dave
seabreeze L380 #241
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 19:52   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspeak View Post
In the latest Cruising Helmsman Australia magazine they have a test of the owners version Lagoon 400 S2.

They say the base price is AU$260k, with the Essential package adding another AU$20k & that includes genset, Raymarine navpack, square top main etc. Me thinks that this must be a typo. I think they got the first numeral wrong ... if not then I might rush out & replace my 380 with a new 400.

Surely this can't be correct.

Dave
seabreeze L380 #241
Hello Dave, if it seems too good to be true it propably ain't. I just read a test on the updated 400S2 the price quoted on that test craft I think was about $550.000 in Australian dollars. Regards Peter
Old 02-12-2012, 19:55   #39

Dave, meant to say the latest Trade A Boat magazine. Regards Peter
Old 02-12-2012, 19:58   #40

Dave, simply call the guys at VicSail Sydney, they will be able to confirm current costings. Regards Peter
Old 02-12-2012, 20:01   #41

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterp View Post
Hello Dave, if it seems too good to be true it propably ain't. I just read a test on the updated 400S2 the price quoted on that test craft I think was about $550.000 in Australian dollars. Regards Peter
Peter,
Yeah that is about where I thought it should be. I wonder if I can hold them to a price published in a magazine

Ah well I guess I'll just keep refurbishing my much loved 380.

Dave
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 21:11   #42

[QUOTE=gspeak;1098904]Peter,
Yeah that is about where I thought it should be. I wonder if I can hold them to a price published in a magazine

Well, no harm in trying if you look like being successful let me know and I'll get one too, just as a back up.
Regards Peter
Old 02-12-2012, 21:53   #43

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

I just figured it had to be a mistake or they looked at it priced in France in Euros.

Don't get your hopes up too high.

The trade a boat pricing is closer to the mark. They yould sell a few at that price however.

Cheers
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 400