Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2008, 12:06   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2007
Boat: broadblue 385
Posts: 28
@ stupidape - they dont need a new webdesigner, all bb business is now at hillyards and they need a webdesigner
__________________

__________________
onotoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 15:18   #17
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidape View Post
The official BB website is not BroadBlueUSA.com it is Broadblue.co.uk . It looks like they just tacked on USA at the bottom of the logo. They really need a new web designer.

The US office that has the US site is in North Carolina just above the border with SC. The boats built here and those built in the UK seem to be the same, but I would guess that they have different electrics.
BroadBlue builds boats "here", the US?
__________________

__________________
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 02:24   #18
...

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
BroadBlue builds boats "here", the US?
No Jeff, only in the UK by Hillyards, his quote is misleading.
__________________
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2008, 10:18   #19
Senior Cruiser
 
Therapy's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: W Florida
Boat: The Jon boat still, plus a 2007 SeaCat.
Posts: 6,894
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
No Jeff, only in the UK by Hillyards, his quote is misleading.
Thanks Ian.

I thought I was having more "senior moments".
__________________
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 17:54   #20
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
I went to the London Boat Show: at the Z spar stand they asked me the question "what are we going to do about OUR problem?" Apparently, Z spars were not paid by BB for the mast, and , according to their sales policy, ownership remains with them until payment received. Thus Z spars maintain that they own our mast!!!! We had better not sail near any crane!
__________________
bb beware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 23:26   #21
Registered User
 
muskoka's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48
Posts: 775
I visited the Southampton boat show to test sail the BB385. I liked the boat very much and found it sailed well, albeit it is a heavy boat. The quality of interior fit and finish is top notch. However, in the end I decided to go with an FP because it is much lighter and carries more sail than either the BB or Lagoon 380.

If you do choose the BB I'd suggest giving serious consideration to installing their 'sport' rig - I really don't like the typical 'Prout' sail plan with the tiny mainsail.
__________________
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 14:13   #22
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New England
Boat: lagoon 380 s2
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb beware View Post
I went to the London Boat Show: at the Z spar stand they asked me the question "what are we going to do about OUR problem?" Apparently, Z spars were not paid by BB for the mast, and , according to their sales policy, ownership remains with them until payment received. Thus Z spars maintain that they own our mast!!!! We had better not sail near any crane!
Don't know British law, but here in the US, there is UCC, uniform commercial code, and in most cases, once the product have been shipped, the deliveree now owns the product. Payment is a separate issue. Some companies try to change their T&Cs to go around this, but don't know how it is where you are.
__________________
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:58   #23
...

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
Don't know British law, but here in the US, there is UCC, uniform commercial code, and in most cases, once the product have been shipped, the deliveree now owns the product. Payment is a separate issue. Some companies try to change their T&Cs to go around this, but don't know how it is where you are.
In the UK, all goods remain the property of the owner/sender until paid for in full, so long as it is stated on the T&C's.
__________________
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 07:47   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Broadblue, having gone into liquidation, have now been purchased by the original owners- Broadblue furnishing. They are going to continue production.
__________________
bb beware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 11:21   #25
Registered User
 
muskoka's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48
Posts: 775
That is a real shame. I think BB make a lovely boat.

It is a 'carriage trade' item however, and I reckon this will hit all the boat builders and suppliers.

I met them at the Southampton boat show and they're a good bunch of people. I hope they can make a go of it!!
__________________
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 12:40   #26
...

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb beware View Post
Broadblue, having gone into liquidation, have now been purchased by the original owners- Broadblue furnishing. They are going to continue production.
What is going on here, all sounds a bit underhand if you ask me.
__________________
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 14:08   #27
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskoka View Post
That is a real shame. I think BB make a lovely boat.

It is a 'carriage trade' item however, and I reckon this will hit all the boat builders and suppliers.

I met them at the Southampton boat show and they're a good bunch of people. I hope they can make a go of it!!
After the S'oton Show both 'good people' were sacked leaving one. He apparently has not been rehired by the new owners; they have started on the right track!!
__________________
bb beware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2009, 21:12   #28
Registered User
 
muskoka's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
What is going on here, all sounds a bit underhand if you ask me.
BB was formed after a furniture manufacturing company hired some ex-Prout executives and bought the Prout molds. I expect that BB has failed as an independent entity and has been acquired by the same furniture company.

Let's face it, if Toyota etc. are getting hammered then it's a sure bet that luxury items like boats are on the skids. I'd anticipate a lot more bankruptcies.

Anecdotally, we're refitting our boat for an extended cruise and I can't believe the service we're getting - emails are being replied to within 12 hours (often by several people), parts are shipped immediately and prices dropped at the merest hint of a request. So, I'm doing my part to keep the marine industry on its knees (as opposed to face down in the dirt!).
__________________
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 02:14   #29
...

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskoka View Post
BB was formed after a furniture manufacturing company hired some ex-Prout executives and bought the Prout molds. I expect that BB has failed as an independent entity and has been acquired by the same furniture company. I had always thought that BB were still under the umbrella of the Broadblue furniture company, thanks for that

Let's face it, if Toyota etc. are getting hammered then it's a sure bet that luxury items like boats are on the skids. I'd anticipate a lot more bankruptcies. Yes things are going to get a lot worse, sorry for being so pessimistic.

Anecdotally, we're refitting our boat for an extended cruise and I can't believe the service we're getting - emails are being replied to within 12 hours (often by several people), parts are shipped immediately and prices dropped at the merest hint of a request. So, I'm doing my part to keep the marine industry on its knees (as opposed to face down in the dirt!).
Cameron, that is interesting regarding the parts prices and improved service and I am glad you are keeping the marine industry on it's knees, but that does not help with my envy over your pride and joy of the Lavezzi, I am still saving to me one.
Ian
__________________
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 00:12   #30
Registered User
 
muskoka's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
Cameron, that is interesting regarding the parts prices and improved service and I am glad you are keeping the marine industry on it's knees, but that does not help with my envy over your pride and joy of the Lavezzi, I am still saving to me one.
Ian
It all started a few years ago with a picture of a catamaran taped to the fridge!!!
__________________

__________________
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Broadblue, lagoon, lagoon 380

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
380 S2: Lagoon 380 vs Leopard 38 jimlong Lagoon Catamarans 94 25-01-2015 17:09
380: Lagoon 380 vs FP Athena 38 off-the-grid Lagoon Catamarans 0 21-11-2008 11:48
380: Lagoon 380 in Indonesia wstu Lagoon Catamarans 5 27-08-2008 18:58
380: Lagoon 380 VS 380 S2 rosco Lagoon Catamarans 1 01-06-2008 08:52
380: Lagoon 380 mpk Lagoon Catamarans 8 10-09-2004 08:35



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:17.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.