Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2010, 20:08   #16
DRS

Boat: Lagoon 380
I am a recent buyer of a 2000 L380. My choice, like every ones, came down to finding a balance of all the things we wanted the boat for. I have charted both high speed and trawler power boats and monohull sailboats, owned smaller power boats, worked at a marina for 4 years and sold boats for a while so I have been on and seen just about everything. The Lagoon provided me with 3 cabins, 2 heads, lots of living space, sail speed equal to or better than a comparable (size /price) mono, a level platform that was prefered by the admiral, fuel economy that powerboats can't match but speed that was very close.
Its loaded for coastal cruising and charter so it includes 250 L of fuel, 379L water, AC system, Gen set, vac flush head, microwave etc yet it still sails at 7 and can hit 11 or more in 20 - 25 knots of wind. PO had her to 15 kns. I'm not that brave yet.
The L380 works for me. There is no single right boat for everyone. Look at what you want the boat to do and find one that does it as well as possible. When you find it that the right boat for you.
Old 27-01-2010, 03:15   #17

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38
I have just sold my Lagoon 380 after 2 great years of ownership. We sailed south coast UK and bit of Northern France.

The boat was a great weekend retreat throughout the year and because of the size of the saloon etc we were able to extend the season and comfortably spend winter weekends on board. The 380 was a great cruising boat because we had the maximum amount of interior comfort but still only having a 38 foot boat.

We equipped our yacht with kit to provide us with home comforts. Generator, invertor, heating, electric wc, extra batteries etc. And a few cruising bits such as Avon rib, cruising chute, larger engine size etc.

As for safety versus speed. The 380 was definitely safe for us in all weathers (we only were out up to max F6/F7) and the quality of the sailing was enough to see us sail just as much as when we had our monohull.

So, why did we sell? We have a new Lagoon 400 on order which should give us a slightly better level of comfort than the 380. Is it worth the money? I'm still not sure becasue the 380 does everything well, just that after 11/12 years some of the design features may now be falling behind the competition.

They are great value boats and seem to have an established second hand value and market which is fairly active.

Cheers

Garold
Garold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 05:47   #18

Boat: Lagoon 380 - Times like these. Port: Mooloolaba, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 380-2001 View Post
Here is where we could use your help. We did not get to know her electrical systems. We could use someone to help us understand her better.

Item 1)
We have fuses on the 12v distribution panel for steaming lights and deck light. Half way up the front of the mast we see the remains of what might have been a light. If this is the steaming light, then where is the deck light? Was the deck light standard equipment, if so where is it located?

We also have some questions about how the battery switches work.

Thanks sailors.

380-2001,

I also have the same question regarding the Steaming / Deck light on the 380. My steaming light works fine, but my ‘Deck light’ doesn’t appear to be working, as no lights at all come on when I select the ‘deck light’ switch to on. From what I can figure out, the 380 seems to have a combined steaming / deck light assembly about half way up the mast. I can see what appears to be a small rectangular shaped lens on the bottom of the steaming light assembly, which I presume is the lens for the ‘deck light’? I’m also assuming there are two separate lamps installed within this assembly, powered by the two different applicable switches at the Nav station? If any other 380 owners out there have a working deck light, could you please provide some feedback?

Thanks

Burls
Old 10-02-2011, 02:18   #19

Boat: Lagoon380 Comfort#637
Send a message via Skype™ to careka
L380 # 637

Hey we will get our new 380 in seaw, in may this year.
it is a Comfort.
So they are still going strong.
Since this topic hasent been used for a long time, they have to be good.

Happy sailing all.

"Careka" will do the French coast, up the channel. Holland, Helgoland, kiel kanal, Danish wathers, Coast of sweden. and back home to the lovely south west coast of Norway,Egersund.
careka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 15:01   #20

Re: Lagoon 380 Owners & Fans

Lagoon 380
1999, h. no. 003

It is a nice boat. Ours is original from tip to toe and it still works well.
Since there is no ideal vessel yet, the lagoon 380 is a good compromise.
katja&david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 23:32   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja&david View Post
Lagoon 380
1999, h. no. 003

It is a nice boat. Ours is original from tip to toe and it still works well.
Since there is no ideal vessel yet, the lagoon 380 is a good compromise.
Hey Katja & David
Are you owner no 1 off this 380 ?
and what have you needed to replace afther all these years ?

Geir Ove
Old 09-03-2011, 12:17   #22

Geir,

No we are no 3. But the no1 was just for two years – as a show boat. Some of the first tests of the 380 in yachting newspapers are done with our boat. No 2 was private and done some semi-charter.
I was amazed, when I saw the boat that it was in the same condition as on the pictures from the tests ten years ago. Except of one engine nothing has changed.
I will put radar on and build mast steps, but this is the tribute to our live aboard. Oh by the way we live on the boat since we bought it, so I’m sure that we would notice something wrong, not noticed in the prebuy survey.
Old 09-03-2011, 14:24   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja&david View Post
Geir,

No we are no 3. But the no1 was just for two years – as a show boat. Some of the first tests of the 380 in yachting newspapers are done with our boat. No 2 was private and done some semi-charter.
I was amazed, when I saw the boat that it was in the same condition as on the pictures from the tests ten years ago. Except of one engine nothing has changed.
I will put radar on and build mast steps, but this is the tribute to our live aboard. Oh by the way we live on the boat since we bought it, so I’m sure that we would notice something wrong, not noticed in the prebuy survey.
That sounds nice,
Happy sailing.

Geir Ove
Old 04-04-2011, 12:12   #24

Re: Lagoon 380 Owners and Fans

I sendt a mail to the factory asking if they can take some photos off our new boat, as she is getting ready for transport, and into the sea.
They came back saying yes, Nice.
since i dont have the time to be there befor i take it over, then it has been 10 days in sea.

take over in Sables d-olonnes is 12 may.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:01   #25

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40

Hi careka........congrats on you NEW Lagoon 380. not long now We are looking at the 380 and was just wondering if you got the hard Bimini or soft! will you use it to live on and are you going to sail around the world in it! last question! why did you go for a Lagoon 380?
Best regards
Kent
Kentavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 14:43   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by careka View Post
I sendt a mail to the factory asking if they can take some photos off our new boat, as she is getting ready for transport, and into the sea.
They came back saying yes, Nice.
since i dont have the time to be there befor i take it over, then it has been 10 days in sea.

take over in Sables d-olonnes is 12 may.

Here You go Geir!

Happy Sailing to you too!
Old 05-04-2011, 23:09   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentavik View Post
Hi careka........congrats on you NEW Lagoon 380. not long now We are looking at the 380 and was just wondering if you got the hard Bimini or soft! will you use it to live on and are you going to sail around the world in it! last question! why did you go for a Lagoon 380?
Best regards
Kent
Hey, Kentavik
We have no Bimini at all.
where we live ,we like to se the sun , not hide from it.
We will not live on it. just for hollidays and long weekends.
But when we do get our pension, then we will sail of. to more sun.
we will keep it in front off our house or, at the sailclub marina, we have room for it,at these places.
My wife wanted this one, due to she dont like to heal over.
and she likes the space inside. i did want to go for more speed, she is the admiral and me i am only the skipper.
you can look at this home page, LOYD.DK
he has the same type, he is a sailboat designer,
if he can sail a 380, then i can to.
It has to be a strong and good boat that now has more then 637 buildt.
our is Comfort edt. with larger fuel tanks, ++++ its all in the list. we did not get the aircon as it is no need for that up here north.

we also made a blogg..http://lagoon380careka.blogspot.com/

Geir Ove
Old 29-04-2011, 04:51   #28

We are going to have a visit at the factory on may 13, so i will do some photos off builds/hulls if there is someone haveing one build now, maybe i can take photos for you ?

Geir Ove
Old 03-05-2011, 07:49   #29

Boat: Lagoon 400 #181

Well, if you happen to see a 400 with hull number 181 I'd love to see photos!
yme_bosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yme_bosma View Post
Well, if you happen to see a 400 with hull number 181 I'd love to see photos!
Will look for it, but not sure if they let me take pictures all over.

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 380