Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2016, 10:15   #1

Boat: Custom trawler
Lagoon 380 Full Enclosure

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of a full enclosure for my Lagoon 380 with hardtop? Thank-you....
dixonpearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 07:23   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck
Re: Lagoon 380 Full Enclosure

You're going to get a lot of "it depends" answers here. The cost will depend on whether you want all Eisenglas or screens, or a combination of both. Do you want to be able to zip out the glas or screen sections. Where is the work being done? Annapolis or Ft. Lauderdale is certainly more expensive then other parts of the country.

Having said all that plan on $3000-$6000. I know that quite a range, but there's so many ways to do an enclosure, controlling costs is up to you...
Old 25-05-2016, 06:10   #3

That's more in line with what I was expecting. I got a quote for just under $8000 from a shop in Annapolis and thought it was a little high, although I know they do great work. Think I'll hold off for now. I can buy a lot of nice clothes to keep me protected from the weather for that price
Old 31-05-2016, 07:31   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380

Yes your quotes will be all over the place depending on who does it and how complicated you want to get. I am currently doing the enclosure on my L380. I chose to just do the dodger portion first and then finish the rest at a later date. I have a quote for $5800 for the whole thing. Dodger is $3000 of that because I went bulletproof on the dodger with screens, covers, openings, upgraded glass, etc..... so that added to the cost.
I used Banks Sails. A little higher price but their workmanship is higher and I know they will be around if there are problems down the road.
Hope that helps.
captnjbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 20:26   #5

Thanks for that information. I take it you're in the UK using Banks? I'd be interested in seeing your design for the dodger if that's possible.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:08   #6

No not in the UK. Texas Gulf coast in Kemah at the moment. There is a Banks local here.
They are in the process of templates and laying it all out as we speak so as soon as I have anything I would be happy to share it with you.
captnjbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:30   #7

Thank you captnjbk. Yes, I really would appreciate seeing your final design. I'm considering doing the same thing, just the front for now.
Old 09-01-2023, 17:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnjbk View Post
No not in the UK. Texas Gulf coast in Kemah at the moment. There is a Banks local here.
They are in the process of templates and laying it all out as we speak so as soon as I have anything I would be happy to share it with you.
Hi there. Just wondering if you would be able to share your final designs and any pics with me for your lagoon 380 enclosure. I'm looking at doing the same in New Zealand but would love to learn from what you've done. Many thanks! - Gavin (email: g.gunston@gmail.com)
GavDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 13:04   #9

Lagoon OEM enclosure is manufactured by NV Equipment, and the cost is 2.360 EUR. Can be ordered via one of the retailers / dealers (worldwide).
https://www.nvequipment.com/en/boat-...top-112837.php
Easy to install, and comes with all the necessary fittings.
Be Free Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 13:14   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free Sailor View Post
Lagoon OEM enclosure is manufactured by NV Equipment, and the cost is 2.360 EUR. Can be ordered via one of the retailers / dealers (worldwide).
https://www.nvequipment.com/en/boat-...top-112837.php
Easy to install, and comes with all the necessary fittings.
Thanks heaps for that. Only thing is it looks like that is just for the canvas enclosures and not for the hardtop itself? Also it only has 2008 option and mine is 2006 S2, is there any difference? Cheers again
Old 12-01-2023, 13:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDog View Post
Thanks heaps for that. Only thing is it looks like that is just for the canvas enclosures and not for the hardtop itself? Also it only has 2008 option and mine is 2006 S2, is there any difference? Cheers again
Hi, I installed the NV enclosure on hull #670.
It will fit hull numbers #539 and up...just a guess, but yours being S2 model, my bet is this one will fit. What´s your hull # ?
Be Free Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 13:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Free Sailor View Post
Hi, I installed the NV enclosure on hull #670.
It will fit hull numbers #539 and up...just a guess, but yours being S2 model, my bet is this one will fit. What´s your hull # ?
Hmmm, showing my naivety here. I have no idea of my hull ID or how to find it. I bought this second hand and the lagoon plate doesn't seem to have the hull ID so I'm not sure how to find it. Is it usually stamped somewhere? I'm on board now so can go for a hunt if you have any ideas. Please note that it currently just has canvas top so I need hardtop as well. Cheers heaps

Tags
enc, lagoon, lagoon 380