Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 08:54   #1
Registered User
 
timbenner's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Boat: Lagoon 380, 38', I Dream of Jeanne
Posts: 313
Images: 7
Lagoon 380 diesel fuel tank sending unit??

Does anyone know how to find a new sending unit for the diesel fuel tanks??

Tim
380 #122, I Dream of Jeanne
__________________

__________________
timbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17   #2
Registered User
 
Fiveslide's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbenner View Post
Does anyone know how to find a new sending unit for the diesel fuel tanks??

Tim
380 #122, I Dream of Jeanne
Who manufactured the gauges? It can usually be found on the face of the gauge. I suspect the sending unit, if it hasn't been replaced before, will match the gauges.

That will get your research started. However, you will likely have to get the part number off the sending unit itself to order a new one.

I know West Marine can order WEMA gauges and sending units. Should be able to order others as well.

Have you tested the sending unit?
__________________

__________________
Fiveslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:25   #3
Registered User
 
timbenner's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Boat: Lagoon 380, 38', I Dream of Jeanne
Posts: 313
Images: 7
Re: Lagoon 380 diesel fuel tank sending unit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveslide View Post
Who manufactured the gauges? It can usually be found on the face of the gauge. I suspect the sending unit, if it hasn't been replaced before, will match the gauges.

That will get your research started. However, you will likely have to get the part number off the sending unit itself to order a new one.

I know West Marine can order WEMA gauges and sending units. Should be able to order others as well.

Have you tested the sending unit?
Haven't tested the sending unit, but I can see where the center of the copper strip that reads the tank level is worn out. My gauges work at full and empty, but nothing in between, which follows where the wear is.

Tim
__________________
timbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:35   #4
Registered User
 
Fiveslide's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbenner View Post

Haven't tested the sending unit, but I can see where the center of the copper strip that reads the tank level is worn out. My gauges work at full and empty, but nothing in between, which follows where the wear is.

Tim
With those symptoms, I would suspect the sending unit as well. But I would still ohms test it before I ordered a new one to see what it is sending to the gauge between full and empty. Just takes a few minutes to really diagnose a sending unit.
__________________
Fiveslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diesel, fuel, fuel tank, lagoon, lagoon 380

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.