Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 17:22   #16

We own a 94 model Lagoon 37 "Wivus" based in Fernandina Beach Florida, near Jacksonville. She is Jeanneau built and bought out of Moorings charter in Martenique. Sure would like more info on the owners assn. Tks. George and Gerri
gchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 17:44   #17

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Lagoon 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusDreaming View Post
I am trying to compile a lagoon 37 owners list, if you are sailing a Lagoon 37 or know of one could you PM me please
There is a Lagoon 37 moored in Bellport Bay, Great South Bay, Long Island, NY.

I haven't met the owner yet, though I know he bought the boat without a rig (story is it was lost in a storm) and motored it around the bay for a good part of the summer of 2007 (or 2008) until he got a new rig.

I'll let him know if I meet him.

Marshall
Old 16-07-2010, 05:47   #18

Boat: Lagoon 37
would really appreciate that Marshall, and George I sent you an email with info
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 21:07   #19

Boat: Lagoon 37 Catamaran
Hi everybody. I haven't checked in in a while. I've got all kinds of projects going on. Right now I have striped out the car seat vinyl covered plywood panels from the main cabin. I am making new plywood panels and west epoxy coating, then painting them. The old ones rotted from water leaking around the windows. The windows are crazed and cracked. So they are being replaced with 3/8" 50% smoked Lexan. I found a great sorce for the lexan @ www.piedmontplastic.com I am cutting them in one piece so that I have one sheet of plastic instead of three. This should help strengthen them to, by using the center post as support. I have also sprayed foam on the bare glass to insulate it better. On the ceiling I am installing the 1/2" pink foam panels for insulation.

Just did a bottom job over the july 4th weekend. Got videos here

The first 2 are kinda long and boring, the 3rd one is a tour of the finished job. Watch 3rd one for what the under belly looks like. It's a good design under there.

Next is 12VDC rewire, then the refridge system.

If I could change one thing it would be the windows. They are basicly holes cut in the fiberglass covered with plexiglass screwed on with caulk. Made to leak. That is one of the main reasons the 380 went to the straight up & down windows. Over all it's a great boat tho. Mine is one of the french built boats.

Dan

S/V Mother Ocean
S/V Mother Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 12:45   #20

Boat: Islander Freeport 41' Ketch
Dan, great stuff! I was under the impression all Lagoons were french built. Where else are they coming from?
ty.gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 12:51   #21

Boat: Lagoon 37
about 90% of the 37s were built in Rhode Island by TPI
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 16:05   #22

For awhile there they were building them in Rhode Island, USA. They were built by TPI, The 37' and some 41' were built there to save import duties. At the same time some were still build in France. Most of those didn't make to the USA. Mine came from the charter service. My main sail still has the Moorings logo on it.

They were built under lincense from Lagoon. Lagoon until 1998 or "99 was under Jeanneau. At that time they became their own brand.

Dan

S/V Mother Ocean
Old 19-07-2010, 20:05   #23

Boat: TPI Lagoon 35ccc Catamaran designed by Morrelli & Melvin
Some Lagoon History

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Mother Ocean View Post
For awhile there they were building them in Rhode Island, USA. They were built by TPI, The 37' and some 41' were built there to save import duties. At the same time some were still build in France...They were built under lincense from Lagoon. Lagoon until 1998 or "99 was under Jeanneau. At that time they became their own brand.Dan
Dan is correct that Lagoon was affiliated with Jeanneau--in fact my boat is sometimes referred to as a Jeanneau Lagoon 35ccc, was also built by TPI in Rhode Island, as were all L35ccc's. It has the Jeanneau logo and name on it. I believe the Lagoon 42, not the L41, was also built by TPI, though. They also built some racing trimarans early on. The winning America's Cup trimaran this year was designed by the same design team that designed those trimarans and has been designing their catamarans, Van Peteghem and Prevost (although mine was designed by Morrelli & Melvin).

Jeanneau Lagoon became part of Group Beneteau around 1996-97 and it appears that is where they split, with Jeanneau strictly producing monohulls and Lagoon strictly catamarans under the new organization.

Marshall
Old 20-07-2010, 08:33   #24

Hi Marshall, I have the Jenneau logo on my boat too. Your probbly right about the L 42 and not the 41. That was off the top of my head, it's been awhile since I read that somewhere. what are the differences between the 35 & the 37, beside the 2' difference? I've seen a few different interior layouts on the 37. Mainly Galley up or down, and the sides switched from hull to hull (ie small head, & two cabin side switched to port instead of on starboard side).

Dan

S/V Mother Ocean
Old 13-05-2011, 19:46   #25
Marine Service Provider

Re: Lagoon 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitzgerald View Post
We own a TPI built Lagoon 37. It's initial delivery date was October 1996.
It's name is Double Trouble.

We are Michael & Donna Fitzgerald and we are presently in Baltimore, MD.

Aloha Michael and Donna,

Fell in love with this well-built cat and have been looking to buy one for some time. Please let me know if you run across one for sale. Thanks.

Cheers,

Ken Middleton
1-808-227-4956
captken@hawaii.rr.com
captken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, lagoon 37