Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2017, 02:32   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
L450 Tricolour

Hi

I have to install a tricolour as an ARC requirement.

Currently have Hella 'NaviLED 360 All Round White Navigation Lamp' - sealed unit.

My plan is to replace this with a new fitting (actually conventional filament globe anchor ight) which will accommodate this piece of smart LED technology from Marinebeam. (switch on for anchor / off and on for tri)
Tri-Mode LED Anchor Light, Tri-Color, and SOS Strobe Navigation Bulb

The reason for this approach is that I can connect to existing two strand wire and control board switch i.e. no need no need to run a three core wire and new switch.

Anyone got a POV or experience on installing a tricolour on L450 (other than make sure its installed at the factory)?
gstent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 08:52   #2

Re: L450 Tricolour

Hi Gstent, have a look here. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...av-180842.html

Are you getting a new 450 in France?
John Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 14:51   #3

Boat: Amel 50

On my 450 (2012 model), Lagoon had a 3-core wire going to the mast anchor light. One of the cores is not connected at the anchor light and the base of the mast support behind the salon seat access panel.

Also, Lagoon runs all three cores from the mast support base to the electrical panel. There is a bundle of crimped-together wires behind the electrical panel anchor light switch. One of the wires is the one that is not used at the mast support base. You need to find which one it is. I matched the writing on the wire cover and got lucky on my first try.

So, you do not have to run any more wires up the mast or under the salon floor. Just connect the existing wires and install a switch for the tri-color at the electrical panel.

I installed the same light, without the strobe.

Good luck.
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 11:20   #4

Boat: Lagoon 450

Thanks for that very useful info. I wish Lagoon offered such a good info rescource! However I have now installed the new light using the marinebeam LED in an all round white filament globe housing - working well with no need for an extra switch just connected to existing two wire terminal at the masthead (had to make a new base attachment) so have automatic on/off masthead / switch off- on for Tri and again for strobe - now have old hella LED anchor light wired as a spare anchor light if needed cheers
gstent is offline   Reply With Quote