Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 27-02-2018, 02:02   #586
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Hi All

As part of our solar installation this week with the 5K victron inverter.

I was asked by our tech guys installing the automatic start on the Onan Generator to select from one of the following configurations.

"Automatic start and stop automatic (2h,3h,4H,Ö.) what you want
or
Automatic start and stop manually"

Any advice on above would be much appreciated.

regards
George
__________________

sidetracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:15   #587
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

We donít have automatic start. I think it would start the genset when it sees a low voltage but I might be wrong?

The prob is, boiling water while hair drying while ironing will show a low voltage but as soon as the load drops, the voltage will increase. Would you want the genset starting all the time?

We run ours for around 90mins each evening to make water and go to bed with full batteries. With your solar, I think thatís all youíll need. We never run the genset during the day as solar tops up any usage very fast
__________________

__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:20   #588
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 71
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post

We run ours for around 90mins each evening to make water and go to bed with full batteries. With your solar, I think thatís all youíll need. We never run the genset during the day as solar tops up any usage very fast
Wow Dave!
Do you believe that with 4 panels and LiFePo batteries you could make with a significant lesser usage of the gennie, even none as some suggest in this forum?
Regards from Las Palmas, extensive to your better half!
Pepe
Valiente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:42   #589
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Hi Pepe, hope youíre well! Did you see that we came 3rd crossing the Atlantic!!!! I know, canít believe it either!

I think that would be a pretty perfect setup... as long as the sun is shining
__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:46   #590
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 71
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Hi Pepe, hope youíre well! Did you see that we came 3rd crossing the Atlantic!!!! I know, canít believe it either!

I think that would be a pretty perfect setup... as long as the sun is shining
Yes I tracked you! Felt proud of what a Spanish Jamůn and chistorra feeding along the crossing can acomplish!
Valiente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 15:23   #591
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 35
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
We don’t have automatic start. I think it would start the genset when it sees a low voltage but I might be wrong?

The prob is, boiling water while hair drying while ironing will show a low voltage but as soon as the load drops, the voltage will increase. Would you want the genset starting all the time?

We run ours for around 90mins each evening to make water and go to bed with full batteries. With your solar, I think that’s all you’ll need. We never run the genset during the day as solar tops up any usage very fast


Hi Dave


Sorry for the delay in replying to your post.

I have selected a 2 hour configuration.

Now I will have to wait until Robin Marine return on the 11-March to find out how low they will let the GEL batteries discharge before the generator kicks in.

Shipping our personal + boat inventory tomorrow. (Had a little delay)
Flights booked for the 19 March.
Expect handover by the 22-March.

regards
Geroge
sidetracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 07:44   #592
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 1,441
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
Copper coat finished. 4 coats.

Attachment 151170 first coat.

Attachment 151171 2nd coat.

Attachment 151172 final coat.
Hi Daved,

I am curious how happy you are with the copper coat.
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 09:11   #593
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

So far so good.
Susan Ann II has been in the water 8 months now. Iíve scrubbed the bottom with a scotch brite pad I think 3 times in total (it needs a clean again now). Thereís a handful of small barnacles on there mostly at the stern near the underwater lights.

The growth we get is like a thin reddish algae which is very easy to wipe off.

A full bottom clean takes me about 90 mins per hull.
__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2018, 17:01   #594
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

We had a Lagoon 450 Cruisers Forum piss up last night in the Bahamas. What a quality evening that explains why I had a pretty sore head this morning. Thanks so much for getting in touch P&T and Bean Counter! Fair winds and following seas guys.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1675.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	166418
__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 03:06   #595
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 1,441
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
So far so good.
Susan Ann II has been in the water 8 months now. Iíve scrubbed the bottom with a scotch brite pad I think 3 times in total (it needs a clean again now). Thereís a handful of small barnacles on there mostly at the stern near the underwater lights.

The growth we get is like a thin reddish algae which is very easy to wipe off.

A full bottom clean takes me about 90 mins per hull.
Thanks! Sounds great. I'll paint mine with copper coat in April.
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 09:22   #596
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: St. Thomas, USVI
Boat: 2018 Lagoon 450S
Posts: 11
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

How much did the copper coat option cost?
SVMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 19:53   #597
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMystic View Post
How much did the copper coat option cost?


It was approx double the cost of standard antifoul when we launched. So, 4k instead of 2k. But this is on a new hull so thereís more expense if you need to remove old paint first. CC needs to be painted onto a clean hull.
__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 04:57   #598
Registered User
 
CatNewBee's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Boat: Lagoon 400S2
Posts: 1,441
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

I paid for 20l copper coat, 30 rolls with 2 handles and 2l thinner 2200€ incl. VAT. Rest is hard work stripping the old anti-fouling and applying the new paint. the copper coat alone was about 2k€. (~100€/l)
CatNewBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 10:00   #599
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: St. Thomas, USVI
Boat: 2018 Lagoon 450S
Posts: 11
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedindubai View Post
It was approx double the cost of standard antifoul when we launched. So, 4k instead of 2k. But this is on a new hull so thereís more expense if you need to remove old paint first. CC needs to be painted onto a clean hull.


Thanks. Wish I had known that was an option from the factory. I would have chosen that as well.
SVMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 05:20   #600
Senior Cruiser
 
davedindubai's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: To be decided...
Boat: Lagoon 450S
Posts: 450
Send a message via Skype™ to davedindubai
Re: Just signed on a new 450s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMystic View Post
Thanks. Wish I had known that was an option from the factory. I would have chosen that as well.


It wasnít a factory option. In fact the commissioning guys in l sables donít even want to do it as itís a lot of work and is time consuming. Ive only had it for 8 months but so far itís been worth it in my opinion.
__________________

__________________
Please check out our blog:
www.youtube.com/TheDaleyAdventure
davedindubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General Info: Am I being unreasonable concerning handover of new 450S Krabimike Lagoon Catamarans 56 16-07-2016 03:29
Just signed Paperwork for Boat! We're Officially Sailboat Owners! natraps116 Liveaboard's Forum 45 16-07-2014 23:37
Just signed up! onebikeoneworld Meets & Greets 5 15-06-2013 12:54
Just Signed Up laflood@attbi.com Meets & Greets 4 16-03-2006 13:05



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:49.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.