Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2013, 04:27   #1

Boat: currently boatless
Info on Lagoon 410

Hello all,
We are looking at a 2004 Lagoon 410. She is on our short list but there are a few things I am unable to find out. If some one could assist with advising me of the bridge deck clearance I would be most grateful.
Also are there any specific areas of concern I should be looking at. If we go ahead with the boat we will be having a survey done. On some other models there appears to be osmosis issues but I have not read of a Lagoon having these issues.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Greg and Sue.
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 07:03   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Marine Trader 36 Sundeck
Re: Info on Lagoon 410

Greg, If it was calm here in Lake Worth I would measure it for you. I can tell you that with a RIB dinghy with a 15 hp outboard on the back, I can drive under the boat. There really hasn't been any issues with the 410's. Any issues would be with that particular 410. Surveys, of course are a must...
Old 26-11-2013, 23:26   #3

Boat: Lagoon 400
I recently chartered a 410. Decent boats. Sail reasonably well for a Lagoon. A few pluses and minuses but no major design issues. I've read posters complaining about the stepped hauls causing more slapping but I didn't see as an issue. Bridge deck clearance average, not low. The wife and I both liked the athwart bunks. Engines under the bunks didn't cause too much heat but were a little noisy. Good overall ventilation.

I suggest sailing one for a couple weeks before signing. Cheers!
pathlesschosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:21   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2
Re: Info on Lagoon 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathlesschosen View Post
I've read posters complaining about the stepped hauls causing more slapping but I didn't see as an issue. Bridge deck clearance average, not low.
I am one of those complainers. The steps cause constants slapping of waves on passage, which makes the aft bunks much more noisy than they would be without. But its not a structural issue or something to worry about, it might just keep you from sleeping on night passages.

Bridgedeck clearance is high enough to drive the dinghy under it, and not an issue even in confused seas. Not many slaps.

Have the surveyor check moisture levels on the decks (balsa core). If you buy don't forget to add backing plates to the mooring cleats, they just use normal washers.
There is a good yahoo group of Lagoon owners where you can ask specific questions.

Overall a nice boat, no significant issues. The only constant issues we had was with custom installations of the PO (watermaker, dive compressor and stuff). The boat itself was mostly trouble free.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon