Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2018, 11:26   #1

Boat: Hanse 348
How to get to the holding tanks

I have a 380, but I am sure this must be the same for lots of models. For instance, the owners holding tank is in the pontoon between the hull and the inside wall to the shower. I can see how the wall is sealed, but don't know how to remove the panels. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 12:29   #2

Boat: Lagoon 38
Re: How to get to the holding tanks

I removed mine for cleaning last year. Just remove the panel (6 or so ss screws). You should have good acesss. Undo the plumbing at the top of tank and undo the 2.5" hose at the bottom that goes through the through hole at the bottom. Lift out and service.
Purrrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 21:08   #3

Boat: Hanse 348

Thanks. Two more questions. Taking off the 6 screws on the top takes off the top panel. But what about getting to the bottom, how do you get the lower panel off. That panel looks to be caulked in.

Also, how did you get the hoses off the fittings. I tried pulling them off, and they don't budge. Did you hear them?
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 07:54   #4

Boat: Lagoon 38

If I remember right the lower panel dosent need to come off as the tank rest above it on a ledge. The upper fittings on mine came off when I used a heat gun to soften them up. The bottom one that is accessed through the removable panel in the companion way was harder. This is the panel you remove to close the through hull for the waste tank. On this one I had to cut off with a saw. When I re-assembled the tank I put the 2.5" bottom hose on the tank first then put it back in place, then connected it to the through hole.
Purrrfect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding tank, tanks