Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-03-2014, 14:06   #1

Holding tank retro-fit in owners shower

Anyone retro-fitted a holding tank into the shower room in the Owners hull? I gather this is where Lagoon factory fit them - it looks like a handy & neat spot right above the low shelf, but I haven't found anyone who has retro-fit one.

Anyone done it? If so, did you get a kit from Lagoon? Our dealer in the UK isn't much help with parts - anyone got a contact with a Lagoon dealer in the US? I recall someone regaling the services of a dealer in FLA, but I can't find any details via the search facility.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks - Stacey
Coastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 17:29   #2

Re: Holding tank retro-fit in owners shower

Stacy,

I've been at the Lagoon factory, they sure squeeze those tanks in tight!

Where are you located? In Los Angeles you can contact the local Lagoon dealer I used to work at, Naos. Mike, the maintenance manager, is reachable at mike@naosyachts.com. He may be able to order a new tank.
ByronShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 12:42   #3

Hi Byron - thanks for the info. We're based in UK/Spain, but dealer's not great here, so I might just try your contact in LA.

Never been to the factory in France - bet it's really interesting watching them put it all together!

Many thanks - Stacey
Coastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 15:52   #4

The Portuguese dealer is well-known for customer service---in fact Lagoon gave them the Best Service award for several years running! They are especially good because with most Lagoons delivered from France, the first stop once the boat's best broken is in Lisbon, so they do a lot of warranty work, and taking care of the new boat owners. They speak English and French as well.

Sea Way
SEA WAY, LDA

Edifício Gonçalves zarco
loja 9, Doca de ALcântara
1350-352 Lisboa

Portugal
Tel.: +351 21 395 20 42
Fax: +351 21 395 20 45
GPS: 38.702396, -9.170328
seaway@seaway.co.pt
Old 29-03-2014, 15:57   #5

Going to the two factories (the Bordeaux one is for the bigger cats as they can move them directly into the river), you will be blown away. Of course, Lagoon is a Beneteau brand, so they have a lot of the same systems as the Beneteau factories, which is to say it's very organized; all the lines are precut, the pieces go in, it's not "mom and pop" at all.

Tags
holding tank, shower