Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2019, 00:55   #31

Boat: Rawson 30
Re: Help/Warning Eno oven is worst

I always admired the Australian made Broadwater marine stoves but there no longer manufactured. Probably the best marine stove Ive ever used was a Alpes Inox. A real comercial grade marine unit that came on European highend yachts. Our Force 10 is like a toy stove in comparison.

boatnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 17:46   #32

Boat: Lagoon 400 Sold November 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary9 View Post
I am fed up with the cheap and dangerous evo Eno oven in my galley. What have other owners replaced their oven with or researched replacing it with? My captain is extremely handy, so modifications are not an issue. I need to replace it and would like to stick with gas, as thatís my preferred method of cooking. Warning lagoon owners, after using the broiler several times without issue, the flame suddenly went off, and the kitchen filled with gas!!! This has been an issue Iíve heard about from others too
I agree, I had a Eno oven in our Lagoon 400 brought brand new it came factory fitted, imagine our surprise when using it for the very first time we could not turn the gas off, the knob was frozen solid all I could do was go to the gas tank valve and turn off the gas supply. the roast was cooked fine, after the oven cooled the control knob freed up no problems so I assume the metal expanded when the oven reached operating temperature jamming the knob. I sent email to ENO and Lagoon but all a wast of effort, over time it did improve a bit but not much, I just put up with it, pain in the bottom.
After my experience I would avoid the ENO brand however I note they are fitted to most craft I have seen at various boat shows.

peterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:33   #33

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 42E

Alpes inox are the best cookers I've ever had. All inox, easy to clean, the oven is just wonderful, the heat is weel spread and you can bake, roast as at home. It get hot enough to cook very good pizza.
The only drawback it is the price, but they last forever and you can get spare of decades old stove (it hasn't changed a lot, just the knobs and few details)

http://www.alpesinox.com/en/elettrod...da-appoggio/#1
capitangiorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 13:48   #34

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

I have the same Eno oven in my FP cat. After messing with it a few times, including having to replace the thermocouple, I've finally got it working as well as I think it's capable of working. Once it's working right, it's not a terrible oven. Mine takes about 9 minutes to reach 350 degrees, and I've figured out where to adjust the flame to maintain that temperature indefinitely.

I had the boat converted to Propane (9 year old boat in the US, still had half bottle of Butane left), but the yard that did the conversion didn't do anything to adjust the oven. Replaced the orifice with the proper size and adjusted the air gap on the burner. While messing with the orifice, I managed to break the thermocouple. The thermocouple required the removal and almost complete disassembly of the oven. I also purchased a rectangular pizza stone that stays in the oven and helps distribute heat. Works as well as you can ask an oven without a thermostat to work.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:44   #35

Boat: J80

We were fortunate to have a local owner of an Outremer that invited us aboard and gave us the tour. We have ordered one and he was very kind to tell us all about the boat his experiences etc. When we go there - he said the ONLY thing he hated on the boat was the oven - ENO - he had to jimmy a fork and cable tie to keep it operating - it only ran at one temp- if he turned the flame down it went out. He has replaced/repaired many parts himself and with a pro - and it still does not work right. We have ordered a 51 and are trying to source the best option - propane most likely - though I am trying to talk the Admiral into Electric (like SV Delos & the SV Curiosity/Wynn's) if I could do electric oven I could live with gas stove. I look forward to more input and will definitely be avoiding Eno.

Dawntreader2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven