Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 15:52   #31

Re: Help Needed with Solar Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardshorts View Post
This installation works really well on our 440 ... high enough to see under from the helm when reversing (just) ....... tall enough to walk underneath ...... strong enough to stand on the panel edges ....... even fits a simple clothesline underneath.

Somewhere on this forum there was a great photo of someone also integrating a long bench seat into the frame instead of the rear lifelines.

Good luck

Craig
Chilli Cat : L440 #186
Brisbane
Attachment 89744
Attachment 89745
Hi Craig!
Wow that is exactly the design for solar panel mounting i am looking for! Absolutely beautiful!

Is there any way you could share the drawings with me? For my Lagoon 440 -2007.

Best Regards
Fredrik Rovik from Sweden

Svlagoon440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:02   #32

Re: Help needed with solar power

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
Here's ours...2 x SunPower E20's (327W@) with an Outback Flexmax 60 MPPT; they work a treat!

Attachment 88370

Attachment 88371

We also, however, just supplied 4 x SunPower E20 panels now installed on an L450 with the panels oriented north-south, rather than our east-west style. The L450 is a bit beamier, of course, but now that we've seen the pics of this later installation, we are confident it could also be done on a L440...with four times the power!

Depending on where you're located, we may be able to supply your panels as well...or we'll do anything we can to otherwise assist.
Hi D&D!

Is it some how possible to get hold of this mounting design? drawings or if you can give me a link to the company made them?

Best regards!
Fredrik

Svlagoon440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 13:10   #33

Re: Help Needed with Solar Power

Just Catamarans seems like they know what they are talking about on the solar and battery front. We are having issues getting them to do other things though - constant follow-up and chasing.

Quick tip. Try to get the solar arch welded in a shop where they can try to prevent pull (it's when the stainless steel warps when it's being welded). Our arch was installed on our boat... it would probably be pretty hard to have the entire arch assembled and then installed. Anyhow... just some food for thought.

InsuredApple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar