Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 07:09   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440 OV
Genneker on continuous line furling

Hey guys and girls

We have a genneker rigged on a continuous line furler.

Currently the line runs to a mid-shops cleat which makes it impossible to furl single handed and means one person leaving the bridge to furl it.

Has anyone out there got it running back to the bridge, and if so, what route have you taken?

Any advice welcome before I tackle the problem in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers 2D
Old 08-01-2016, 08:15   #2

Boat: Outremer 45/pdq36
Re: Genneker on continuous line furling

2D I am going to be rigging one on Our Outremer 45 soon .I have not decided were to run the lines yet . I like keeping the line out of the cockpit if possible.
Why do you find that you cant furl single handed from the current location .
admiralslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:30   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440 OV

We have the 440 with the fly bridge, the furling line comes to the port mid-ships and the sheets come to the winches on the bridge.

If the genneker is flying on the port side then I can just about haul on the furler and let the sheet out, but if the sail is flying on the stb side then to much gets in the way.

If I can get the furling line to the bridge with a couple of clutches (I am thinking) then it will make life simpler

2D
Old 09-01-2016, 02:31   #4

Boat: Lagoon 450

Our continuous furling line has a ratchet block spliced in and that has a bungy I clip to a stanchion or lifeline. Very easy to use and the ratchet stops it from unfurling. Hopefully the picture shows the set up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1452335488.394437.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	116417

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
DavefromNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 22:44   #5

Given that my screecher has no UV protection and thus never stays up days on end, I simply have a single line of sufficient length to reach from the fuller to the helm directly, via a small double block (snap shackle to the pad eye between the tramps) to modify the run angle. It has sufficient length to allow me to jam in one of the helm winches should I need to briefly fasten it. This keeps it very simple and easily allows me to single handedly ease or tension the sheet and furled simultaneously. If you make it just the right length it can be lazy when not needed and as such does not get in the road of those who might be sitting of moving forward of the mast when underway. I like to always KISS!
Lagoon 440 Hull #30
Brisbane, Australia.
2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furling