Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 10:06   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 2016 Lagoon 450F 45'
Fusion stereo: more than 2 zones

Greetings! We have a 2015 450F in Houston. We added a third zone to our Fusion stereo system near the anchor locker. We used one of the small Fusion amps (MS-AM702). The original setup had 2 zones, no amp(that I see) Inside and Outside. For the Outside zone, it controls 2 sets of speakers, one on the flybridge and one in the outside cockpit.

My desire is to split these up into 2 separate zones. (4 zones total) I have the additional amp already (2 total).

My question is: assuming this is a factory install, where is the junction between the 2 sets of speakers? I can only follow the wires so far at the chart table and then they disappear into a large harness.

Option B is to run new wires to either set of speakers. Which speakers are easiest to pull new speaker wire? flybridge or cockpit? What is the preferred method to pull and what is the route?

Any experience help is appreciated. Option B is to run new wires to either set of speakers.

Chris
Brie
Houston, TX
Houston450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 13:30   #2

Boat: Amel 50
Re: Fusion stereo: more than 2 zones

I traced the speaker wires to the top cabinet next to master stateroom door. One of the connectors is for the speaker wires.

Check the manual for a clue of the connector type or number of pins. Once you isolate the connector, unplug it and play music, to make sure it is the right one. After that, it is a matter of finding the right wires. I believe the wire color stays the same from the connector to the speakers.

That's all I remember as it has been years since I traced the speaker wires myself... My boat is in New Caledonia and I am now in California.

Good luck.
Theo.
boom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 07:55   #3

Boat: Lagoon 450 Sportop
Re: Fusion stereo: more than 2 zones

At least on our 2016 450 S, the two zones are handled internally in the Fusion MS-RA205. It has a 4-channel amplifier and a low-level output. So splitting those would be difficult. I think that the higher end stereos have four or more zones. You can email Fusion's support, they answer very quickly.

My intention is to purchase a two-channel amp and do as the OP has done with speakers in the forward cockpit and maybe a subwoofer in the salon. Did the third zone appear in the MFD control automatically or did you need to do something in the setup?

Regards,
Anders
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170728_122804968_iOS.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	156416  
afriis is offline   Reply With Quote