Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 02:59   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400 S2
Unhappy Fridge stopped working

I have a Lagoon 400 S2 with a Vitrifrigo RF series refrigerator in the cockpit. It has one large slide in drawer and is located on the port side under the helm station. It stopped once before and the technicians repaired the controller on the front and installed a second controller on the port side with a switch to select the controller required. The switch and second controller can be accessed from the port rear berth.

It was running fine on the original controller and then stopped. The lights on the original controller went out. The second controller made no difference. I had no cockpit refrigeration.

The fuse is fine and I can get 13.5 volts on the leads near the fridge.

1. What steps should I do next?
2. Where is the compressor? It is not obvious.

I want to ask for advice because taking the fridge out is a messy job.

Thanks

Brian
b_rodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 19:10   #2

Re: Fridge stopped working

Hey Brian, if the coming European summer is anything like the current Australian summer, you'll need plenty of cold beer!

Our Vitrifrigo cockpit fridge is the front door type, not a drawer model. It has a compressor on long connection copper pipes to allow remote mounting from the fridge. You should be able to access the compressor via the removeable panel in the wall of the aft port cabin.

We had to replace the thermostat control early in the life of the fridge as it froze our salad vegetables. This is accessible from inside the fridge, but may not be your issue.

They are Italian after all. I learnt from Alfa Romeo that no sentence shall contain the words "Italian, Electrical and Reliable " without the word "Not". Cheers!
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote