Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2017, 16:51   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
"Auxilary" Switch on Electrical Panel

Hello! We sorting through the intricacies of our new boat, but we can't figure out the Auxilary switch on the electrical panel. We've tried to isolate every system, but we can't seem to determine its purpose or isolate the circuit. Anyone know its purpose? It's a 2010 Lagoon 380.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auxilary.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	148510  
Navasana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 20:30   #2

Boat: Colombia Cc 11.8
Re: "Auxilary" Switch on Electrical Panel

Axillary is just another name for extra. Unscrew your panel and see if anything is attached to the switch, if not( or see if you can find wires going from it into maybe the engine room that don't go to anything) it's just for when you expand and want to add things.
sparrowhawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 21:06   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Do you have any 12volt "cigarette lighter" sockets? They are usually hooked up to an "auxiliary" circuit.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 15:50   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

In our boat the switch activates a pin in one of the wire connectors behind the switch panel but that pin had no corresponding wire.
Maybe it's for some option that we don't have
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 23:22   #5

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
In our boat the switch activates a pin in one of the wire connectors behind the switch panel but that pin had no corresponding wire.
Maybe it's for some option that we don't have
As a standard - the 'auxilary' breaker is not connected to anything by the factory.
It is a spare breaker for connection by the user as he needs to an extra system he wants to install and control from the main electric panel.
Some builders provide more than one free breaker. Lagoon provides one..
Old 01-06-2017, 01:34   #6

Another case of: RTFM !

I just read the 380 S2 manual and the section about the electrical panel says that the auxilary switch is for "comfort (waste water pump)". I suppose they are talking about electric toilet pumps.

We don't have electric heads so our switch is not connected to anything. I ordered the required Mate-n-Lok pins to add to the connector so we can use this switch for our outside fridge.

I had to order a few Mate-n-Lok pins anyway as I have to fix another connector on the panel: the switch for the steaming lights activates the instrument lights instead!
The steaming lights are wired to the sailing nav lights instead, and from what I can see this was not messed up afterwards but a wiring mistake by the factory...

The previous owner obviously never figured out that something was wrong - or just did not care at all
Old 01-06-2017, 04:14   #7

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
Another case of: RTFM !

I just read the 380 S2 manual and the section about the electrical panel says that the auxilary switch is for "comfort (waste water pump)". I suppose they are talking about electric toilet pumps.

We don't have electric heads so our switch is not connected to anything. I ordered the required Mate-n-Lok pins to add to the connector so we can use this switch for our outside fridge.

I had to order a few Mate-n-Lok pins anyway as I have to fix another connector on the panel: the switch for the steaming lights activates the instrument lights instead!
The steaming lights are wired to the sailing nav lights instead, and from what I can see this was not messed up afterwards but a wiring mistake by the factory...

The previous owner obviously never figured out that something was wrong - or just did not care at all
Latest Lagoon operate steaming and navlights by a single 3way switch. Either only navlights to one side or both steaming and navlights to the other. The old standard method of activating navlights by one switch and steaming lights by another was discarded. Yours seems some confusion of the old and new methods together.
meirriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 04:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirriba View Post
Latest Lagoon operate steaming and navlights by a single 3way switch. Either only navlights to one side or both steaming and navlights to the other. The old standard method of activating navlights by one switch and steaming lights by another was discarded. Yours seems some confusion of the old and new methods together.
Ours is a 380 S2 with the modern switch panel made by Scheiber, with navlights & steaming lights operated by a single switch.

The steaming light wire is (together with the other nav light wires) running to the nav light side of the switch, and the instrument light runs to the steaming light side of the switch.
That was the factory install, as its clearly visible that the wiring has not been modified. Just a plain mistake, but the PO obviously ignored it for years.

Nothing to worry about, just another part of the puzzle that the PO left behind. He was very French... so much that non-functional electrics and electronics did not bother him at all.

Tags
cal, electric, electrical