Just took the 560 down from Gib to Gran Canaria. It was a good test for us. Quite varied conditions.
No issues to report in relation to the high boom.
High pilot position is an instant cure for sea sickness
- We never got overpowered and mainly sailed with either 1 or 2 reefs
in the main.
- We will definately investigate how to reef or bring the main down while going down wind
- Issues with being unable to fly the main genoa
with more than one reef in the main are a definate issue. May not have purchased the boat if we had known about this ?
- We found the rig very powerful off the wind
. Hard to know when you are near the limit though. Recorded 12.8kn as a max speed but averaged about 8 over the trip.
- Only other issue was the slamming in confused seas. Sounded like hitting a submerged log every 2 or 3 mins ?? I guess you get used to it in the end ?
All in all an amazing boat and the benefits of flybridge Cat sailing far outweigh the downsides. We had 3 course meals
every day with wine in stemed glasses. Need I say more.