I made the deal on the boat about the 15th of June. I was traveling and needed time. Before I could take delivery. I knew the boat had been struck. They needed time to deal with it. In the contract
I had them input that the boat must be 100% functioning and all systems checked out or I was to receive a 100% refund plus expenses. The boat was owned by Lagoon Corp. Not Simpson. As per some agreement for the boat show
. I requested to be informed of all work orders and progress, which has not happen. 3 days after I made my deposit I requested that I felt I had made a poor decision in buying
a boat with lighting damage even though I believe I received somewhat of what I thought was a good price
. They refused to let me out. I was told the Lagoon Corp was personally involved. Hind sight is always 20/20. I want the boat and am excited. I am just asking them to take it out and give it a good test. Pull it out of the water and clean the haul. When they started to give me a hassel and tell me I was being unreasonable I became more concerned.
Please understand this is not Simpson Marine Singapore. I have had no contact with them other then when I met them when I viewed the boat.
I was not planning to be in Singapore until the 7th. But I will move forward to find a qualified surveyor and or electrician to help me out. I paid in full as I agreed to have it paid for by July 30 with the euro down I also saved and have tried to stay positive and look forward to enjoying my new boat and cruising. Once again hindsight 20/20. Once again I am not in Singapore if anyone has a contact I would appreciate it. I can only move forward and refuse taking delivery until I am 100% sure it has been handled to the best of abilities. If something comes up I have a solid legal
clause to be refunded. But I can image the battle that would be. If it gets worse I will do as suggested to call Mike Simpson. I have heard good and fair things of him along with Lagoon.
Sent from my SM-N920C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app