Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 19:50   #31

Re: 2003 Lagoon 41 for $128K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Deck cargo to Thailand would be the go, oversee the project and probably budget all up 210k USD and you would have a nicely finished cat in Asia, in a depressed market as we have now you would entertain buying at 80k to 90k USD..

BUT check out ownership/liens/mortgages big time!!!!!

Would be fun .......
90k for the cat in Martinique plus 15k for the deck cargo to Thailand leaves 105k to get this boat in offshore-ready sailaway condition which I'd guess is certainly possible but lot's of work and risky.

200k USD would certainly buy you an older but fully equipped Lagoon 410 in nice condition.
Lagoon 410 Boats for sale Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale Lagoon 410: Well equipped - ready to go - Apollo Duck

or even 160k USD which leaves some budget for repairs and enhancements
Lagoon 410 Boats for sale Saint Martin, Lagoon Used boat sales, Lagoon Sailing Yachts For Sale Well Priced lagoon 1998 Lagoon 410 - Apollo Duck

Of course you are missing the "fun" but then you save a year of work, many risks and you still have a family to go cruising with.
shabbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:08   #32

Boat: Leopard 38
Re: 2003 Lagoon 410 for $128K!

The one for 160k is a sold deal, as far as I know. I was interested in this boat, but never ever had a chance to buy it after having made a reasonable offer. Off course sellers site has/had a different view, which doesnt interested me at all anymore..

The other Lagoon has serious inside problems. You can face the details already on the fotos. Not to mention what you will find, if you make a survey.

My opinion is, after searching for quite a while now, that buying/offering and even searching will always be a cat and mouse game, and so far I haven't met any loyal person giving me the slightest feeling of gaining confidence.
ak5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak5609 View Post
My opinion is, after searching for quite a while now, that buying/offering and even searching will always be a cat and mouse game, and so far I haven't met any loyal person giving me the slightest feeling of gaining confidence.
Why? Do you think they will run away with your money? If a well known broker is involved this is pretty unlikely though not impossible. Thousands of transactions run smoothly each month though there are of course bad apples.
If you like a boat just make an offer subject to survey and seatrial and if accepted place a deposit with the broker to make a survey. Or just go there first and check it out yourself, having a look is always free.
You can also hire your own client broker and place the deposit with him if you don't trust the listing broker. Works sometimes but not always.

Or do you think that despite nice descriptions and photos the boat's condition is simply not worth the money for a survey or personal inspection? That of course happens much more often and is part of the game. Just keep asking for more and more photos and check everything you can get hold of.
Sometimes it takes ages to find your boat.
shabbab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:41   #34

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

One of these is now the Multihull Companies listing. These guys are straight shooters and your deposit money will be safe with them. They also handle the paperwork and title search for liens although any boat in the US could have hidden liens. Just make sure you have 100K for the job after buying the boat. Maybe more.
Old 07-04-2012, 19:56   #35

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
The one for 160k is a sold deal, as far as I know.
The one for 160k EUR on apolloduck is under offer and we are awaiting formal acceptance by the buyer. The very detailed survey did not show anything significant - surveyor commented on excellent technical and cosmetical condition.
I suppose the boat is sold.

Quote:
I was interested in this boat, but never ever had a chance to buy it after having made a reasonable offer. Off course sellers site has/had a different view, which doesnt interested me at all anymore..
Just the facts:
You had a full inventory, all details, and more photos than anyone else two months before the boat was listed or even marketed to anyone else.

After several weeks you finally made something like an informal offer and I accepted within a day.
Instead of making this a formal offer backed by a deposit or even just firmly scheduling a viewing / survey you kept adding unnecessary complexities. Like delivery to Cuba and payment with gold coins

So I listed the boat.

You simply failed to pull the trigger when you had the chance. Don't blame me for that.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 20:11   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.

The boat in the original post sounds like it might be a good project boat for a young single guy or gal with plenty of time, mechanical aptitude and cash ....and probably unsuitable for anyone else.

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 00:48   #37

Boat: Leopard 38

You simply failed to pull the trigger when you had the chance. Don't blame me for that.

Don't play stupid or innocent.

We were in Germany, had to make plans to buy a flight ticket to see your boat, not knowing where you will be in the caribbean, and at what time. We gave you our firm offer for which we would buy your boat. You accepted, your spouse, too. And the only thing you did afterwards was finding someone else to pay more. Or will you tell me you sold for less than my euro 140k offer?

And in regards of our gold investment it took us 2 hours to cash it. So this was never a reason to not fullfill our obligation.

Conclusion? Communicating with you over months was a waste of time.
ak5609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:42   #38

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

You exclusively had your fingers on this deal for two months and failed to pull the trigger. period.

Here the timeline so that the forumites can decide for themself:
Dec 30th First contact
Jan 5th You get all details, photos and asking price
Feb 28th You ask if we could agree on a certain price range (which was not 140k by the way)
Feb 29th I confirm that we would sell for that price
Mar 5th After you failed to make a firm offer or even schedule a flight the boat is listed
Mar 8th You say that our boat is "on the top of your list"
Mar 11th You say you'd prefer to come in June and buy if it's still available
Mar 17th I inform you that I am negotiating with another buyer that wants to make an instant deposit & survey

Over these two months we exchanged dozens of emails where you state that you don't want to cash your gold as it costs 100EUR per coin and that you can't close the deal before you know where the boat will be stored, that you can't leave before you sold the house, that two flights to the caribbean for viewing and handing over was too expensive, that you don't really know what type of boat you want, etc, etc.

Price was not the decision factor for going with another buyer. It was just your total lack of committment while I had multiple serious buyers and brokers lining up and making serious offers.

This public forum is not the place for private discussions so this is my last post here. I just wanted to get the facts straight.

Good luck with your boat search, you will need it.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 13:48   #39

Boat: mt34dt

Quote:
I was interested in this boat, but never ever had a chance to buy it after having made a reasonable offer.
If an offer is made with no money down is not a contract and seller has zero obligation to you what-so-ever. I personally would not accept any offer without a deposit. Too many lookie-lou's that have no intention of buying, even worst looking for a better deal. It is a buyer's market, but that doesn't mean a seller should be left holding the bag on an unsure buyer due to buyer's indecisiveness.
zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 17:17   #40

Boat: Bristol 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta

If an offer is made with no money down is not a contract and seller has zero obligation to you what-so-ever. I personally would not accept any offer without a deposit. Too many lookie-lou's that have no intention of buying, even worst looking for a better deal. It is a buyer's market, but that doesn't mean a seller should be left holding the bag on an unsure buyer due to buyer's indecisiveness.
Yep...I believe the 3 pillars of a contract are: Offer, Acceptance & Consideration. Any one pillar missing you don't have a contract. Funny. One of those gold coins sent to seller could have been Consideration.

Don
dandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 13:18   #41

Boat: Lagoon 450
Re: 2003 Lagoon 41 for $128K!

Are you talking about Sparkling Charter in Martinique? I was just there 3 weeks ago and almost bought a boat from them.
Fearnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon