You exclusively had your fingers on this deal for two months and failed to pull the trigger. period.
Here the timeline so that the forumites can decide for themself:
Dec 30th First contact
Jan 5th You get all details, photos and asking price
Feb 28th You ask if we could agree on a certain price
range (which was not 140k by the way)
Feb 29th I confirm that we would sell for that price
Mar 5th After you failed to make a firm offer or even schedule a flight the boat is listed
Mar 8th You say that our boat is "on the top of your list"
Mar 11th You say you'd prefer to come in June and buy if it's still available
Mar 17th I inform you that I am negotiating with another buyer that wants to make an instant deposit & survey
Over these two months we exchanged dozens of emails where you state that you don't want to cash your gold as it costs 100EUR per coin and that you can't close the deal before you know where the boat will be stored, that you can't leave before you sold the house, that two flights to the caribbean
for viewing and handing over was too expensive, that you don't really know what type of boat you want, etc, etc.
Price was not the decision factor for going with another buyer. It was just your total lack of committment while I had multiple serious buyers and brokers lining up and making serious offers.
This public forum is not the place for private discussions so this is my last post here. I just wanted to get the facts straight.
Good luck with your boat search, you will need it.