Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2016, 16:32   #1

Will work for knowledge

My name is Shawna. I am looking for an opportunity to get some sailboat sailing under my belt. So far I know some nautical terms and basically what things do. I have ducked the boom while the Skipper is tacking in a sail race a few times. I know some knots. I can play guitar and can jam or teach you some if interested. I can sing, tell jokes, entertain, cook, work like a dog, swim well and I am packed and ready to go anywhere south this winter. (Currently in Canada) For some more info, look at my details on my profile. Happy Sails!
Old 29-08-2016, 02:45   #2

Re: Will work for knowledge

Hi There
This may not be your choice, however allow me to explain. I have almost completed a total restoration project of a 100 year old 60 feet long wooden classic twin screw motor yacht. It is my intention to sail her in roughly 5 weeks time from London to the Mediterranean crossing the English channel and through France . Could this be he sort of thing
interest to you?
Regards Phil
Old 29-08-2016, 08:58   #3

Hi Phil! It could possibly be. I am really interested in sails and to purchase a plane ticket from Canada to London I would only do for sails. However, the wood is very interesting to me. There is a chance I will end up in London on a sailboat and the owner will want to drop me off there. We should keep in touch. What kind of work does it still need?
Old 01-09-2016, 08:35   #4

Hi, I have a Beautiful 72' classic schooner I will be sailing around the San Juan Islands and Salish Sea this Fall and Winter. Sailing. Exploring. Hiking. Taking care of boat. Playing music. Having a beer or hot rum drink. Hopefully with some fun loving paying guest now and then. Could use some hands. Great place. Great boat. Doe Bay Hot Tubs on a stormy day!!!
I'm happy to teach willing person(s)!
If this sounds interesting?? Let me know. Tell me about you and I'll tell you about me.
Thanks.
Arthur
artlohrey@gmail.com