Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2010, 18:18   #1

Boat: 42 US YACHT
West Coast USA, Mexico, Panama, Atlantic, Med

USCG Captain with extensive experience is looking for guest crew on a 1980, 37ft Irwin Center Cockpit sailboat with all the amenities, in excellent condition and equipped for cruising. Skipper has a fairly laid back character and loves to laugh, but doesn’t smoke and smoking is not permitted anywhere on board.

Skipper doesn’t drink alcohol, but allows guests occasional wine for dinner, drinking in moderation… as where we’ll cruise, there is no safety net. Menu not extensive, but I'm working on that $50 per person per day towards expenses would cover most things - unless you want Caviar 3 times a day. PM or e-mail me to discuss and agree to specifics. The Basic rules of picking up after yourself, completing the communal chores and a personal sense of hygiene is a must. Skipper’s very safety conscious, so this is not a good boat for hard core party types.

2010 Cruising Schedule: Starting in the Pacific Northwest USA, in mid September, cruising along the west coast down to San Diego California then on down to Mexico, Central America, Panama Canal, Florida. 2011 Cruising Schedule: Florida to Bermuda, Azores, Mediterranean, Black Sea. It’s possible to fit the schedule in around your other shore based travel plans for up to even a week if the itinerary fits in around some of your ideas. Just pick the place and time you want to join the cruise schedule.

Would like a couple to occupy the fwd private stateroom with head and shower for as long as a few weeks, month or as we agree and we are compatible. The skipper loves and plays music and music is very important on board so if you’re a musician it’s a plus. Skipper will share a lot of cruising experience and will teach those new to the cruising lifestyle how to navigate, skipper the vessel, maintain the equipment and plan long offshore cruises.
Attached Images

Old 16-08-2010, 20:37   #2

Florida/January?

Boatrips,

Curious about your Florida schedule...any plans yet?

rrodamar
Old 06-09-2010, 17:57   #3

Hi, when do you plan on leaving San Diego, and arriving in Acapulco?
cheers
Old 06-09-2010, 19:51   #4

Hi, i'm a 22 year old Australian traveller currently in San Fransisco, CA, but I'm looking to travel down to Mexico and Central America soon. I am also an improvising musician, I play the clarinet as well as various other instruments and I am constantly playing. However I'm not sure if i could afford to contribute $50 per day for food (I think i could survive on alot less..) Do you think there would be an option for me to join you on a leg of the trip down to Mexico or Central America?
Old 06-09-2010, 21:11   #5

Boat: Sceptre 41
Wow $50 a day sounds like the cost of running the boat. Two people thatis $3k a month. More like a charter at that rate. Crew positions are easy enough to find look at this site Latitude 38 Crew List Party if you are in SF this is well worth attending.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 07-09-2010, 19:11   #6

Yes, for 3000/month a couple could buy their own boat. If they knew a thing about how to operate it.
Depends on whether one is willing to pay for experience/training they need I suppose.
And of course there is the question of licensing,certifications, insurance, etc, on a paid passenger vessel.
More headache than I would want on my boat!
Old 07-09-2010, 19:30   #7

Cruising for Experience

I am a 59 year old semi-retired lawyer and beginning sailor with a small dog who follows me everywhere. I don't mind paying $50 a day to sail with an experienced captain who could teach me the ropes. I plan to be in or around Ventura California in October 2010. But could get to where ever I need to go to catch up with you and have flexibility as to where and how long I can travel.

Like you I am a non-smoker and can go without drinking (although I can go with moderate drinking too so long as it doesn't impair safe boating). I play the guitar about as well as I play golf (my friends make fun of my golf). Otherwise I am easy to get along with, well organized, and am up for adventure on the high seas.

Let me know if this works for you.

Frank
Old 27-10-2010, 21:05   #8

Hi:

My Name is Alejandro Trujillo. I just read your add on cruisersforum.com for crew on your Caribbean sail!
I am Colombian/Canadian backpaking and boat hopping in Thailand from Toronto Nov 11 to Dec 09 and planning to do the same in the Caribbean from Dec 11 on. I am 26 years old and i have been sailing for about three years. I have a boat my self in Toronto Island - 6.8 S2. I fell in love with sailing after playing around with hobbie cats in caribbean resorts. I also enjoy rock climbing, snorkling and have my own eqiupment. I look forward to meeting new fun and adventurous people along the way! I can help out on the boat! I am also very handy as I do renovations for a living.
I am able to meet you anywhere you are Dec 11 and I am available till about the 23rd. My final destination is Cartagena Colombia to catch the holidays with family. I can help share expences.
What is your final destination?

Thanks a million,

Alejandro
trujillo1207 :at: hotmail :dot: com

Tags
Panama Canal, Panama, Mexico