Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2015, 12:49   #1

West coast Hawaii/Any South Pacific

Hello All!!

I am a 22-year old american girl looking to sail in in September/October of this year (yes I know this post might be a bit preemptive) I have sailing experience on big and little boats. I started sailing at 14 on 50 foot Ketchs in Maine for racing and cruising. Usually 2 weeks at a time for 4 years. I didn't do too much of the boat work but learned a lot about cruising life. At 19 I did an intensive course on sailing in the florida keys on a 32ft. Keelboat. Then continued on with sailing in college on smaller boats in the racing class. One spring I did a one week charter in the bahamas on a 39 ft beneteau.

Since then I haven't done much sailing (since I've been traveling) but would love to get back into it. It's something I love doing on a casual basis and in a cruising style, although my actual skills on board are a little rusty.

I'm a long term adventurer- visited 31 countries, lived in Nepal last year running a education program, nannied in Paris and Amsterdam, lived in France 2 years ago, worked at hostels and guest houses around Europe and a farm in the south of France, plus more.

I need to be in Australia on Oct 20th but instead of flying the whole way, I wanted to find a way to sail at least some portion of the journey. So that could be between anywhere- the states and hawaii, new zealand and aus, vanuatu and aus, anything that gets me on a boat for any period of time at the end of sept and the beginning of october.

Anyone let me know if they are looking for an enthusiatic, excited, and hard working young lady to come on board.

Cheers,
Janie
Old 26-07-2015, 16:00   #2

Re: West coast Hawaii/Any South Pacific

Hi,

I m moving a Tayana 48 Hawaii to LA in August, might take one extra crew, interested?

I've done the route 32 X, ex youngest solo circumnavigator, 6 Sydney Hobarts etc, more here: WWW.bjcaldwell.com

Email: nautilusyachtdelivery@gmail.com

Aloha,
Brian Caldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaiser12 View Post
Hello All!!

I am a 22-year old american girl looking to sail in in September/October of this year (yes I know this post might be a bit preemptive) I have sailing experience on big and little boats. I started sailing at 14 on 50 foot Ketchs in Maine for racing and cruising. Usually 2 weeks at a time for 4 years. I didn't do too much of the boat work but learned a lot about cruising life. At 19 I did an intensive course on sailing in the florida keys on a 32ft. Keelboat. Then continued on with sailing in college on smaller boats in the racing class. One spring I did a one week charter in the bahamas on a 39 ft beneteau.

Since then I haven't done much sailing (since I've been traveling) but would love to get back into it. It's something I love doing on a casual basis and in a cruising style, although my actual skills on board are a little rusty.

I'm a long term adventurer- visited 31 countries, lived in Nepal last year running a education program, nannied in Paris and Amsterdam, lived in France 2 years ago, worked at hostels and guest houses around Europe and a farm in the south of France, plus more.

I need to be in Australia on Oct 20th but instead of flying the whole way, I wanted to find a way to sail at least some portion of the journey. So that could be between anywhere- the states and hawaii, new zealand and aus, vanuatu and aus, anything that gets me on a boat for any period of time at the end of sept and the beginning of october.

Anyone let me know if they are looking for an enthusiatic, excited, and hard working young lady to come on board.

Cheers,
Janie
Old 27-07-2015, 06:29   #3

Maybe! Could you give me some more detailed dates? I need to make sure that would work with my schedule. I have a wedding to be in this fall too!
Old 27-07-2015, 10:15   #4

Leaving soonest August 8th, no later than 15th, will take 17 to 19 days + or -. You can reply on my email: nautilusyachtdelivery@gmail.com

Aloha,
Brian

Tags
hawaii, south pacific, west coast