Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-06-2003, 08:23   #1

Boat: Alubat, OVNI 47
Wanted - Long term cruising companion

I'm a 37 year old, caucasian male, single (never been married), and no kids.

I own and liveaboard a 47' sailboat. I intend to sail around the world over a multi-year period. I hope to start east in the spring of 2005. I'm a pilot for a major airline (currently still employed), and the US Navy Reserve. Consequently, I work 15-20 days/month (which means I'm physically gone). I'm based out of the southeastern US, but can live or move to anywhere in the world.

I have an open mind, and enjoy learning. I have passions for sailing, dining (especially mediterreanean cuisine.), and travelling. I've travelled much of the world (I've lived on 4 continents) but there's much more to explore and revisit. So far this year I've travelled (for pleasure only) to Finland, Sweden, Mexico, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, France and Peru. I love the outdoors; I like to swim, bike, hike, camp, ski, skin and Scuba dive, and sail. My political views are liberal (I disgree with GWB on virtually every issue) , and I am an avowed environmentalist (however you define it). I earn a good salary, and have assets. My spending priorites are anti-consumer (I attempt to minimize my accumulation of material goods). I rarely watch TV, but do enjoy movies. I know how to cook, and occasionally, cook very well. I rarely drink alcohol, but readily socialize in social drinking environments. I am not religious.

I'm looking for a woman with whom I might eventually develop a long term committed relationship. Specifically, I'm looking for a single (or divorced)(no kids), college educated, independent, self-confident, adventurous, fully participating partner for life. She should be open to the real possibiliity of sharing and taking ownership of a vision to live aboard a sailboat and sail around the world on a multi-year voyage (preferably with me). Of course, I'm keen to meet a woman who already wants to liveaboard and sail around the world, however, a woman who is simply open to the possibility of (and may never before have contemplated) living aboard and sailing around the world would be equally welcome. She should know how to sail, or would like to learn. She should be able to handle herself and any possible future relationship during my periods of absence (re: my jobs). She should know how to, and enjoy cooking. She should have a portable job or skill (employable in a great variety of places around the world).

Please don't read anything thing into this that isn't written. I'm not looking for someone who constantly needs attention, and I'm not looking for someone to take care of me (or my boat), I'm looking for someone that is open to starting a committed relationship, in a shared partnership.

Send an email if you are interested.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cca...ip.jpg&.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cca...ng.jpg&.view=t

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cca...un.jpg&.view=t

Tags
cruising companion, long term cruising