Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2013, 00:51   #1

Wanted, a summer adventure(s) in so-cal!

Hey everyone, I'm Remii, i'm 20 years old but wise for my years. I am seeking adventure out of Los Angeles. My first sailing adventure was a on a 196' brigantine outfitted for research. I was only a lowly swabbie, (was 16 years old) but I gained a vast amount of knowledge, and I want to learn more. I will be buying a boat of my own soon to liveaboard while I go to school. I want to be competent enough to teach my friends to sail or at the very least ferry them with confidence and clean conscious.

I am a lifelong diver, currently a divemaster but working for my instructor-ship. Im also am a life long martial artist and instructor, however the latter is probably of little use out on the seas(unless ninjas attack)

I'm not seasick, afraid of high seas, sweat, long hours, and good times.

im seeking to crew on Catalina/channel island weekend trips or whatever else you have planed this summer on the west coast of the USA.

My schedule is quite flexible, but I cannot partake in long passages due to work restrictions.(yet) I'm an executive intern in my father's company and the CFO of my mother's company, so I have a full plate.

Well anyways sorry for the wall of text, let me know if you need crew for fun weekends on the west coast! shoot me an email at RemmielkeATgmailDOTcom

Fair winds and following seas, and long may your jib draw!
Old 28-06-2013, 20:13   #2

Re: Wanted, a summer adventure(s) in so-cal!

hey Remii!

Not to sound weird, but you give me hope that society is not doomed!

I live in longbeach, and go out sailing to the channels almost every weekend. How would you like to join myself and a few friends in july? I have a cal 40 and always need more hands. Ill send you an email with my contact info, lets have lunch and discuss.

Joe,
Old 28-06-2013, 20:46   #3

Re: Wanted, a summer adventure(s) in so-cal!

hey joe,
Thanks for responding, I'd love to sail aboard your Cal, sounds like a great opportunity. I myself am looking at buying a cal 38 so it would be great practice.

and as for society not being doomed.... seems like an erroneous assumption to me! hahahaha

Remii,

Tags
wanted