Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2012, 11:12   #1

Wanted 2 week Carribean Stay in November WILL PAY

Here's the scoop!

My wife and I (plus one other couple) are looking to do a 2 week trip (2nd couple maybe one week) this November 2012 (preferably on a cat).

WILLING TO PAY!

About us. I am 27 she is 26, both healthy, fit, and energetic. We are planning a 1-2 year trip in 3 years and looking to "get our feet wet"

We have some boat experience but virtually no sailing experience. However VERY comfortable on the water and around mechanics etc. (very fast learners) We are VERY WILLING and DESIRE to help with all aspects of the boat sailing, docking anchoring and trip etc. Looking to learn a lot while having FUN in the SUN!

Us and the other couple are both very casual, laid back and easy going. Looking for adventure in a nice place and will to pay for accommodations and share costs of fuel water etc for our stay.

Please contact me if interested with your info and boat specs location etc. if interested and you feel it would be a good fit.

Robert & Sarah
rjones@thegroupinc.com
970-217-1954
Old 22-05-2012, 22:14   #2

Re: Wanted 2 week Carribean Stay in November WILL PAY

No responses?

Is there something I could say or offer differently or is there a better suited place for an offer like this?

Let me know if you guys and gals have any recommendations for what we are looking to do.

Thanks!
Old 23-05-2012, 04:07   #3

Boat: Prout Manta 38' Catamaran - Sunspot Baby

Sounds like you want a crewed charter boat. Check one of the charter companies.
Bob Seger
Old 23-05-2012, 05:08   #4

Boat: 42' Fountaine Pajot Venezia
I should think you'd be able to find some cat cruisers willing to have you on board for a week or two - but scheduling.visitors is tricky. Sort of a Where's Waldo problem - we wouldn't have any idea WHERE we would be in November. San Blas Islands, maybe? Rio Dulce? November is when boats come up from hurricane refuges - Trinidad, ABCs, Cartagena, Panama.... Also, your options will be limited because you're traveling with another couple. For us, hosting one couple would be comfortable, but with two couples, we would feel a bit claustraphobic. One way to find likely "hosts" is to look for blogs - you'll get a sense of whether you'd be compatible, and then you can contact them directly. Someone on the sailnet forum constructed a list of blogs, if you want a place to start.
(connecting bloggers to readers and readers to topics in the cruising/liveaboard communities)
Old 23-05-2012, 05:16   #5

Boat: 42' Fountaine Pajot Venezia
http://www.sailaria.net/links.htm

Here's the list of blogs - not specific to cats or Caribbean, but a place to start, anyway.
(connecting bloggers to readers and readers to topics in the cruising/liveaboard communities)
Old 23-05-2012, 05:48   #6

Boat: Bavaria, Cruiser, 42
Send a message via MSN to syahead Send a message via Skype™ to syahead

Hello Robert & Sarah,

We are a Danish couple that sails a 42 Bavaria Cruiser named S/Y Ahead.
This boat is not a Cat but a monohull - perfect for learning the basics of sailing.
We have much more information of the boat and our expeditions at our english language website: S/Y Ahead

We will be near Trinidad and Tobago in November. The best larger airport is Port of Spain - airport code: POS

It will in the mentioned period of November be possible to sail in the waters of Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada and the Grenadines (Union Island, Tobago Cays etc.).
All expenses inclusive boat, Captain & Cook, food, beverages, costs of sailing like oil, mooring etc. will be US$ 500/day

We can accomodate up till 5 persons in 2 double cabins and one berth in the saloon.

Yours sincerely,
Helle & Allan,
S/Y Ahead
Old 24-05-2012, 19:46   #7

I have considered a charter company but figured a private deal would be more intimate and we might be able to learn about bit more about live aboard life style etc.

Thanks for the great suggestions, keep them coming!

sayahead thanks for the offer. Right now we are trying to find an option a bit more affordable.

Also the second couple is not 100% on board yet, so if it is just us that could be an option as well.

Keep the offers coming!

Robert
Old 25-05-2012, 16:34   #8

Boat: private yacht always moving

look at the morrings sailboats and hire a captain that will show you the ropes,, should be able to get a good deal this time of year
Old 29-05-2012, 13:44   #9

Boat: Island Spirit 40
Hi Robert and Sarah, we saw your post. Why don't you try John and his daughter Katie, they are great, really laid back. They do charter like you are looking for where you live with them on the boat rather than just guests chartering, if you know what I mean. Their website is www.catamarancabincharters.com have fun.
Old 29-05-2012, 14:29   #10

Thanks for the referral. I have actually been in touch with John and he has been fantastic!

What he is offering for his boat and inclusions is great, we are just seeing (hoping) to try and find something more affordable.

I know that it will be on a lesser boat than John's but we are comfortable with that.

he has been a great resource and hope to find a way to maybe end up going with him.

We are just watching the budget extremely close as we will be buying our own boat in two years and need to save like crazy!!

Thanks again!
Old 30-05-2012, 06:29   #11

Robert, I hope you find what you want, if I may say remember you get what you pay for and John is good value for money in the fact you really become a crew member and he is VERY knowledgable re sailing and boats etc. might be worth it in th Wong run.

Buyin gyour own boat is exciting times. Do you know what you are looking for yet? Type I mean?
Old 30-05-2012, 07:42   #12
cruiser

Boat: Hitchhiker, Catamaran, 40'

We would be into it but the timing is wrong for us. By February or March we will be ready but in November we will have just returned to Rio Dulce, then we need a haul out and do some paint work before we are ready to go. Our first stop will be the Bay Islands, Honduras.
Old 30-05-2012, 08:42   #13

We are definitely wanting a cat. Giving our budget constraints (right now thinking $100K possibly 150-160K by then) and the desire to have a newer boat (10yrs old or so). I have been leaning to and researching the Gemini and also the Lagoon 380's

Anything other boat you would recommend with those desires?

We have been watching Honeymoon, Bumfuzzle, and The Slapdash who have all completed a circumnavigation (exception of Honeymoon stopped in Australia) on a boat that size and seemed to do so comfortably with the exception of a few fun storms.
Old 30-05-2012, 10:15   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Dreaming Yachtsman

Robert and Sarah,

We MIGHT be available, depending on how long the wife stays at her present job. Our boat (FP Belize 43 cat) is now in hurricane storage in Puerto Rico so a week long "indoctrination cruise" like you are looking for around Spanish Virgin Islands, possibly to USVI, could be in the cards if timing is right. November is a little earlier than we are presently planning to resume cruising, but as I said, it COULD happen.

Please PM me if you need more info. See my web page for more information about the boat and where we have been before. We did something similar in southeastern Puerto Rico with Tbone and his wife in 2010. You can read about that at: Bahamas to Saint Martin starting on 3/30/2010 entry. (A couple of pictures are in the Puerto Rico slide show at the 3/14 entry.)
Old 30-05-2012, 19:13   #15

That sounds like a good possible option. All of you can feel free to stay in touch. email is rjones@thegroupinc.com

Thanks!!

I know it is hard to plan this far out for something like this. Might have to be a bit more last minute?

Tags
wanted