Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 08:16   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 50 MKll
Virginia to Bahamas to Haiti and Caribbean

Looking for male or female crew for sailing on our 50 foot ketch. Leaving early December from Virginia for the winter and spring. Will be touring a variety of locations. Have a look at our website www.blueworldexpeditions dot com. Need people who want to crew off and on over many years. Experience with scuba diving and sailing great but we can also teach you. Photography and journalism also great. Contacting us directly can be achieved thru the website. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:10   #2

Re: Virginia to Bahamas to Haiti and Caribbean

Nice capable mono-hull, I like the things the caption has done to it, very sensible.

this will present many good opportunities for lots of people as well as much needed aid to the poor

good to see these things out there!

good luck with it all

C-man
Old 03-11-2015, 04:00   #3

Boat: 48' steel cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4sea View Post
Looking for male or female crew for sailing on our 50 foot ketch. Leaving early December from Virginia for the winter and spring. Will be touring a variety of locations. Have a look at our website www.blueworldexpeditions dot com. Need people who want to crew off and on over many years. Experience with scuba diving and sailing great but we can also teach you. Photography and journalism also great. Contacting us directly can be achieved thru the website. Thanks.
Bahamas? Make a dive plane.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:35   #4

Boat: Gulfstar 50

I just looked at the pics of your G50 looks like a great boat. The hard dodger looks great but the cut out in the stern is even better. I would love to do something like that on my G50. Did you do the work yourself?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:45   #5

I'm a freelance journalist and blogger with an interest in sailing and nautical adventures. I spent two months at sea aboard a dutch tall ship and have a book coming out about the experience.I would love to learn more about the opportunity to sail with you. If you're looking for someone to help with blogging or social media, I'm the one. Please check out my blog at princessofpirates.WordPress. com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Old 03-11-2015, 13:08   #6

Dive Plane, what a great simple Idea

Love it!
Old 04-11-2015, 15:29   #7
Retired musician & 50T master

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pisces 21

Wonderful charity and you have w well-constructed wen site. Congrats. Do you have a general schedule of dates for the trip?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:57   #8

Send a message via ICQ to Thigpenology

I grew up sailing but have been away from the ocean for a good while and am eager to go on a sailing adventure. I would love to be a crewmember aboard your boat!

The last serious trip I took was as a 4 man crew, returning a racing boat from Isla Mujeres, Mexico to Pensacola Florida and then back to its home berth in New Orleans Mexico. I believe this was in 2013.

I grew up sailing in the Gulf of Mexico, with my family, on my Dads Morgan 42. I have been around the water most of my life, sailing in Pensacola, Gulf Port, the BVIS the Mediterranean, and Charleston. I am experienced with boats around 35-50 feet, hobicats, and windsurfers.

I graduated in Mechanical Engineering from the Unviversity of South Carolina in 2013. FOr the past 2.5 years, I have been playing Professional tennis on the ITF tour.

I would love to join your boat as crew. It might take me a few days to get my sea legs, but I am enthusiastic, very hard working, and love the ocean. I also am pretty fluent in Spanish and enjoy reading and writing and journalism.

Please message me if you are interested!
Old 14-11-2015, 21:23   #9
Retired musician & 50T master

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pisces 21

Are you following the schedule on your website? In Panama for Christmas?
Fair seas
Old 16-11-2015, 10:39   #10

Hello, I might be interested in crewing for you. I own a 32' sailboat, but never seem to get it in shape for a cruise. I live in FL, but could fly from Jax to Norfolk, to meet up with you for your trip. I tried to find your website but no luck.

Let me know. JC
Old 16-11-2015, 10:46   #11

Quote:
I tried to find your website but no luck.
@coppens1: Try Blue World Expeditions - BLUE WORLD EXPEDITIONS

Link from the OP is broken ....

Carsten
Old 16-11-2015, 14:55   #12

Boat: Gulfstar 50 MKll

We have used the dive plane idea for years when searching reefs for shipwrecks. Just have to go slower due to tanks. Looks great.

Our website link shown in our post is broken on purpose so computers can not pick it up automatically and send all sorts of junk mail. Be sure to add .com at the end of the name.

Still looking for any female divers or photo journalists.

We have delayed leaving from Virginia till after Christmas as everyone wants to be with family. Hopefully we beat freeze up - last year we did not.

Will not be in the San Blas Islands off Panama till after Haiti so most likely February.

If you are trying to contact us best to use the link thru the website.

Thanks

Tags
Bahamas, Caribbean, Haiti, rib