Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 22:28   #16

Re: USA to the Mediterranean in June or July 2012

Hi! It is a little bit late because of the hurricane season, but I went three times from St. Marteen to mediterraneum in june and I didn,t have any problems. I would like to join You, if You like. Please, contact me.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44   #17

Hi Kathrine, I prefer if you contact me by e-mail: trasocean@hotmail.com
I need more details of the trip:
exit port in USA
Arrival port in europe.
Crew members??? how many?
If I go I WILL BE THE CAPTAIN.
Whend do you want to exit?
are you going in the boat?
I need to know ALL THE EXPECIFICATIONS OF THE BOAT, safety equipment, condition of the boat, sails, rigging, engine..........
I´m in San Francisco USA, so Yo will have to pay for my trip expenses to go to meet the boat and the way back to san Francisco from Europe.
My rates are 3€/Nautical Mile THIS IS NOT FOR DISCUSSION. All the expense of the tryp are your responsability, gas, repairs if needed, moorings expenses, food and drinks, no alcoholic.....(SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH it is not very good)
I need 2 more people come with me......do you have them or I have to take care of that.....in any case you have to take care of their expenses......and salary if is required.

Ok I wait for your replay......
regards.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25   #18

Hi

I'm based in the Med. and I time for this job. RYA Yachtmaster commercial endorsement, pulse many other qualifications and experience. I'm German 45 years old.
Please contact me soon as here the seasons starts soon and I have to decide.

Kind regards
Marcus
Old 11-05-2012, 16:34   #19

Hello,

I am very interested in your trip, and am willing to do it for expenses only. While I don't have a "resume," I have outlined my experience below. I do possess both a 50 ton Master's license, with Sailing and Towing Endorsements, and an Ordinary Seaman (OS) MMD. I have a TWIC card as well.

My father first took me sailing on the Chesapeake Bay, out of Middle River, when I was 6 months old; I have been sailing ever since. When I was 8, I began racing on both small boats (dinghies), and Keel Boats. My keel boat racing experience includes a Cal 2-30, C&C 33, Express 35, J/22, J/24, J/29, J/30, J/35, J/42, Melges 24, Merit 25, Navy 44, and a Santa Cruz 70. My dinghy experience includes Lasers, 420s, 470s, JY15s, Thistles, and Optimists. I have done many distance races, including the Round Block Island Race and Vineyard race, both in 2008.

I have been cruising my entire life. My cruising experience includes a Pearson Ariel (similar to a Pearson Triton, only smaller), a Morgan 30, Jeanneau 35, Cal 2-27, Beneteau 35.7, and currently a Bayfield 32. I have sailed offshore many times, including a trip in November 2008 from Annapolis, Maryland to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean. In June 2010, I sailed from Tortola to Providence, RI, via Bermuda, aboard a Caliber 37. I also skippered a Pearson 36 Cutter from Annapolis to Bermuda in November 2011.

I began coaching sailing and racing when I was 13- in 2001. I have been teaching junior sailors every summer since then, teaching everything from 8 year old beginners (kids who have never set foot on a boat) to 16 year olds in advanced racing. I have taught at the Baltimore County Sailing Center for 7 summers (Baltimore County Sailing Center - Home), and in 2008 taught at the Tred Avon Yacht Club, in Oxford, Maryland (tayc.com). I have taught Ideal 18s, Rainbows, 420s, Lasers, Optis, and Hunter Xcites. Last summer I taught sailing aboard Lasers, Opti's, and Rainbows at YMCA Camp Letts in Edgewater, where I continued to teach school groups and private groups canoeing and team building activities through December. I am a Small Boat Level 1 Sailing Instructor through US Sailing, and am also a Maryland Certified EMT-Basic, with plans to study for my paramedic license within the next few years, and I am currently the captain of the skipjack "Martha Lewis."

I wonder if my qualifications meet your requirements. Should you require more information, I can be reached via email at captcore (at) gmail (dot) com, or via cell phone at 443-326-6161.
Old 11-05-2012, 17:50   #20

Kathrine,

Hi, I'm Peter, I'm from North Carolina and live in Montreal. I have off-water experience sailing off the coasts of Carolina. In fact I know beaufort very well as I spent many summers nearby and in Beaufort.

I'm really interested in talking with you further about this proposition. please email me at petercvsinottt at gmail, I'm fluent in English and French.

Best of Luck, hoping to hear from you,
Peter
Old 15-05-2012, 07:33   #21

Re: usa to the mediterranian in june or july 2012

My friend Beth and I are looking to crew. We are mediocre experienced sailorettes. We are 4 extra eyes, hands, great cooks, musicians and healthy company. Please contact me(Tessa) 916-218-5460.
Old 08-07-2012, 19:02   #22

I am very interested if you have not left yet. I am 23, live in Newport RI and have lots of experience sailing my whole life. Please feel free to message me with any other questions.
Old 08-07-2012, 19:38   #23

I am still very interested also. I can leave anytime and am willing to do it for flights only.

Please email me at captcore@gmail.com

Tags
mediterranean