Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2011, 17:40   #1

US to Pretty Much Anywhere - Mid-May to August 2011

Hello everybody,
I'm a college student looking to work on a boat over the summer. I'm fit, I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink. My sailing experience amounts to piloting my grandpa's 16' hobie cat a mile or two offshore in Florida for two weeks every summer, but nothing in open ocean yet. I'll follow orders, stay attentive, work long hard hours at any task, and enjoy all of it. I've got a healthy sense of humor, learn quickly, and stay calm in stressful situations. I'm looking to learn about navigation and begin a long involvement with sailing. I have a fair amount of cooking know-how and speak decent Spanish. I've worked as photographer's assistant, a coach for kids' soccer camps, a carpenter/gardener, and a few other odd jobs ostensibly unrelated to sailing. I live in Dallas, but I'm willing to drive to meet anyone in the lower 48, and I'll pay for/bring my own food. I'm free from mid-May to late August. Ideally, trips abroad would be two-way (I'd like to avoid buying a plane ticket). I can send recommendations and contacts if you would like.
Feel free to reach message me or email rodriguee AT kenyon DOT edu
Pete