Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2011, 09:37   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Ugent Crew Needed Gibraltar-Canaries-Caribbean

I am currently in Marbella, Spain. We urgently need a crew (can be a couple) to be picked up in Gibraltar (or nearby) to continue to Canaries. Basic boating experience is OK, I pay food, marina and fuel but no air tickets. The boat is 44 ft catamaran, fully equipped. We came from Marmaris to here with a couple who had to leave for health issues..
Cheers

Yeloya
Old 21-12-2011, 07:24   #2

Boat: Tucker 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Bozhkov
Re: Ugent crew needed Gibraltar-Canaries-Caribbean

Hello,
My name is Nikolay Bozhkov -42 years
I am interested to joint your sailing to Canaries and Caribbean.Have a competence and 6000 n.m experience.Wen you planed to continue from Marbella ?.Now i am in Sofia ,Bulgaria .

[DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE CLEAR] 00359886629636

Hire you a youtube video files From Maid Of Chips (my boat)2010 summer....

Best Regards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
I am currently in Marbella, Spain. We urgently need a crew (can be a couple) to be picked up in Gibraltar (or nearby) to continue to Canaries. Basic boating experience is OK, I pay food, marina and fuel but no air tickets. The boat is 44 ft catamaran, fully equipped. We came from Marmaris to here with a couple who had to leave for health issues..
Cheers

Yeloya
Old 24-12-2011, 01:35   #3

Boat: Bavaria49
Re: Ugent crew needed Gibraltar-Canaries-Caribbean

Hi, I am ready to go! 42 years old male, Hungarian with sailing experience (including Trans Atlantic). please let me know if position still available...
BR, Zoltan
Old 24-12-2011, 06:10   #4
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Re: Ugent Crew Needed Gibraltar-Canaries-Caribbean

Good Luck Yeloya and I wish you good winds and calm seas!
Old 25-12-2011, 04:11   #5

Hi
I am looking for a ride across the atlantic.

I cruised on a 32fter from San Diego via the Marquesas to the Tuamotus where I jumped ship onto a 120fter and have sailed from there to Niue, where I changed boat again to sail via Tonga and Fiji to Vanuatu, where I stayed and lived with the locals for 7 months. Here I restaured a 31ft steel yacht and sailed around the islands, visiting remote tribes and custom culture.
Then, June 2011 I flew to Germany, visiting friends and family and by the end of August I helped bring a 34ft sloop from Husum, North Germany to Portimao, Portugal.

I have also worked on a few small fishing boats in New Zealand.

I love sailing, consider it a great alternative ways of travel.
I believe that, when flying, you cross way too big distances in too little time, not appreciating the beauties of our world in between. Plus of course the oil companies are evil and I try not to br responsible for too many fossils burned.

I am living a sea nomad life and considere it very worthwile.
Feel free to try and shock me with some philosophical questions!

At the moment I am in Germany to spend xmas with my parents, but I will retuern to Granada, Spain on the 2nd of January.

I check my mails daily.
Tobias
Old 01-01-2012, 06:03   #6

Quote:
Cheers

Yeloya
Hello Yeloya
name here is John,have done, Gib/Canaries/Caribbean,have coastal skipper,but did day skip practical. in Gosport last year, live Norfolk Uk.
Dinghy sail a lot, No health probs,no attitude, non smoker,like Cats,sail Hobbies,Orbits of the sun, 71. so age might put you off.. (it shouldnt)
Best Regards John
Old 02-01-2012, 06:21   #7

My name is Filip,
sailing is huge part of my life, but I have more regatta experience than ocean sailing. So in winter break I'm looking for new sailing experience opportunity. I love to travel, I worked in Indonesia as volunteer, I drove through Himalayas on Classic Royal Enfield and I want see more, experience more, learn more and finally sail more. Sailing around the world is my dream, hopefully You can help me with my first step. I sail since I remember. Not only on boats but also on ice-boats (DN). I'm fit, easy going, open minded, fast learner, who want to get new experience. Lack of ocean experience i will compensate with strength of character. I am currently living in Poland but can fly at short notice, I am willing to travel to join you.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54   #8

Are you in need of any crew at the moment?

Day Skipper Tidal qualified!
Regards

Mark Coles
Old 01-09-2012, 14:08   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Ilan Windholz

Hi,

we are a couple just finishing our studies and looking for a boat for the ARC. We can be in Gibraltar at end of October.
We both have a sailing experience and coastal Yachtmaster licence.
we are responsible and clean. We are friendly, easy going and like to meet new people and live new experiences.
We can keep a watch, cook and clean, being fully commited to the duties onboard.
We speak good English, portugese, Spanish and hebrew.

would be great to hear from you,

Best Regards

Ilan and Shani
Old 02-09-2012, 02:05   #10

Hi Yeloya,

My name is Brian and I am writing to express my interest in the delivery. I am a novice sailor, but have some experience, including a trip from Salvador, Brazil to Rhode Island, USA via Bermuda and a couple weeks in the Strait of Vancouver during early winter (can provide references upon request). Additionally, I have extensive experience climbing and mountaineering.

I just graduated from a Masters program last week here in the US and am seeking to get back out on the water for a bit as I await a potential position overseas, contingent on a bid by an international development organization. I could fly out as soon as needed. If you feel I may be a good fit, then please feel free to contact me with any further question. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:01   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLee123 View Post
Hi Yeloya,

My name is Brian and I am writing to express my interest in the delivery. I am a novice sailor, but have some experience, including a trip from Salvador, Brazil to Rhode Island, USA via Bermuda and a couple weeks in the Strait of Vancouver during early winter (can provide references upon request). Additionally, I have extensive experience climbing and mountaineering.

I just graduated from a Masters program last week here in the US and am seeking to get back out on the water for a bit as I await a potential position overseas, contingent on a bid by an international development organization. I could fly out as soon as needed. If you feel I may be a good fit, then please feel free to contact me with any further question. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back!
you might want to check the date of the posting!
you might have missed the boat!
the op has allready been and gone and is now back in turkey!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:55   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to KARLO

I'm 25 years sailing experince in mediterranean atlantic and pacific
I'm italian
I want e @mail contact please
tanks
Carlo
Old 09-09-2012, 05:51   #13

Boat: Hunter 37C/Helms27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
you might want to check the date of the posting!
you might have missed the boat!
the op has allready been and gone and is now back in turkey!
A lot of people have missed the boat lately.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:01   #14

Hi Yeloya,
I would be very interested in becoming part of your crew. I would be able to crew from November to December (both months) preferably cross Atlantic. I know this not exactly what you ask for, but please have me in mind if a position should become available.

I'm easy going and open minded; can offer good company and of course help with all tasks required on board.

-I do know the basics of how to sail and navigate, as I have been sailing (leisure cruising on a Maxi Fenix) in the Danish and Swedish coasts during vacations for the past 10 years (and have passed an examination in proficiency in yachting by the Danish Maritime Authorities).
-I know how to perform ”first aid” (certified)
- I fluently speak, English (use it every day in my professional life), German (grew up with the German version of ”Sesame street”), and Danish (mother tongue). I understand other Scandinavian languages, and I understand some French and Spanish
-I'm an omnivore i.e. I eat almost anything, this does not mean I don't appreciate good taste, I'm just curious :-)
-I'm a good cook (says my wife)
-Certified scuba-diver (PADI, advanced open water)
-Do not suffer from sea sickness (as far as I know)
- I don't smoke

Hoping very much to hear from you!

Quote:
Cheers

Yeloya
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21   #15

Boat: Hunter 37C/Helms27

Ok, Atoll, I agree.

Tags
Canaries, Caribbean, crew