Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2012, 11:00   #1

Two cabins available Lagoon 38 Martinique Feb 2013

Hello. We have reserved a fabulous Lagoon 38 feet catamaran in Martinique for period 3 to 17 february 2013. This boat has
four cabins all together with 2 bathrooms. Myself, the skipper, will use one cabin and my sister will use the second one.
We have two double bed cabins available for rent. If you want an out of the ordinary adventure then keep reading. We plan
on sailing from Martinique to Ste Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines and so on. The itinerary is flexible, and we go as
we feel. Sail here or there, drop anchor for a swim in a remote bay, spend the night in a cove or tied to a mooring etc.
The boat has a full kitchen and BBQ, as well as a dinghy for getting to shore. We eat on the boat or drop anchor in a
village and eat out, all in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
All crew members are invited to participate in the maneuvers if they desire so, or learn about sailing. Or just do nothing
and suntan or bathe all day. Meal preparation is shared by all by taking turns and preparing your own favorite recipes for
all to enjoy.
We rented a catamaran last year in St Martin and had the best of time. This is our way to break the cold winter in style!
My sister and I are avid sailors and are max relaxed on a boat. I am responsible for the whole crew and safety is
paramount. I am a 46 years old flying officer in the Royal Canadian Air Force while my sister is a 57 years old real estate
agent. We both are fluent in french and english.
We are looking for two couples who are easy going, with some experience on a boat, flexible and of good spirit. We will
interview all those interested before making our choice. It is important to have a good "fit" on a boat so chemistry of the
people matters. Must have a passport obviously.
We have brokered a fantastic deal on this 2009 catamaran and the price per cabin is only $2900. Yes, that is not the price
per person but rather for the cabin. That's for 14 days on the boat! Airfare is not included but there are direct flights
from Toronto to Martinique, or through Montreal. Once on the boat, the cost for meals and drinks is shared evenly amongst
all crew members except the captain- me. That's my perk for being alert all day and responsible for my crew. In addition to
this there may be shared expenses such as diesel fuel for the odd time we are under motor power, water tank refilling, and
any mooring fees or docking fees. All these amount to very little. Finally there is $100 per cabin for boat insurance.
So if this interests you, I suggest you Google " 2009 Lagoon 38 " to see what this beautiful boat looks like. Then drop us
a note if you have any questions and we will go from there. My email address is jeanhoudejr*at*yahoo*dot*com
Thank you and we hope to hear from you.
Jean Houde
skipper
Old 21-07-2012, 16:04   #2

Re: Two cabins available Lagoon 38 Martinique Feb 2013

It bothers me quite bit that you have a skipper and are usurping his authority. Check out who signs the papers of entry to various countries. Anyone who has spent time aboard a vessel unless he has a lot of salt water underneath his ass does not refer to the galley as the kitchen. You are alswo now in the charter business and have to declare so. Best of luck. I send this message for your concern. It does not mean to demean you in any way.
Old 21-07-2012, 16:15   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440

I read it a few times and i understood the OP is the captain as he/she is saying he has one cabin and his sister the other hence two are available for rent?????
Old 21-07-2012, 16:20   #4

A quick look shows a 38 ft bareboat cat running $6300-$6700 for 2 weeks for the whole boat during that time period.

Old 22-07-2012, 06:13   #5

This is the captain and the skipper of the Lagoon 38. I am the one who rented this bareboat charter and signed for the boat. My sister and I are renting the two remaining cabins available. Also a kitchen and a galley mean the same for those who do not purposely trip on the carpet's flowers. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding? Sheesh
Old 22-07-2012, 07:06   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom 70' Sportfish

This is funny.....
Old 22-07-2012, 07:47   #7

Boat: PETERSON 44
Hope you find takers. You. could sail with me at no charge. Anyone who comes up with tripping on carpet flowers is going to be a good sailor skipper what ever. Cheers

Tags
lagoon, Martinique