Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 18:21   #1

The Dream ...

compatibility, respect, love of life

possible circumnavigation, abit at a time, a long sail - possibilities are endless

I have very little experience Sailing. I do know I love it, I enjoyed every moment on my Uncles Ketch, be it moored, maintenance, cleaning, getting to know the locals, cooking, laying in the sun, swimming, reacting to the many different situations that happen, it was all so much fun, interesting, hard, scarey, exciting, heart warming, sad... the list goes on, and it all just fit into life and living it with a love for being on the waters.

If you have the patience to teach, I will learn, I am very inquisitive and will ask many questions. I have no particular place that I would prefer to start my journeys at...prephaps because I will eventually get to them all.

What is important to me is getting to know someone abit before we come to a mutal agreement to start whatever adventure awaits.

My availability will begin in July 2012 - until... well maybe no time limit.

Hi I'm Belle...
Old 06-02-2012, 18:30   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: The Dream...

Hi there Belle... Welcome to CF..
Head for the crew available thread and get a post up... can't be to early... summers but a spit away...
Good luck in your voyages...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 06-02-2012, 18:31   #3

Boat: hunter 376
Re: The Dream...

Hi Belle, welcome. Have you considered re-locating to the coast? you may get more opportunities to sail, crew, and get to know people from the sailing community.
Old 06-02-2012, 18:53   #4

Hi shorebird, thanks for the Welcome. Relocating to the Coast at the moment is not really an option.
Old 06-02-2012, 19:01   #5

Boat: Boatless

Hi Belle, Shame you're not on the East Coast. I'll be in Maine recomissioning the boat in April/May. Going to head south slowly waiting out hurricane season. Then who knows! Will be looking for crew. Hmmmm.
Old 06-02-2012, 21:09   #6

Hi Neilsailingrn, looks like you will be busy, always a good thing, being busy recommissioning, busy suntanning, busy sailing... all is good

Yes attitude is the difference
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00   #7

Boat: C&C Sloop 36

Hi Belle what part of the world are you in?
Me Calf looking to head south Mexico and on??? after sept 2012 and have all the time in the world after sept. Hope to here from you. Don
Old 08-02-2012, 15:53   #8

Hi Don, I am in Kelowna, BC - in Canada
Old 19-02-2012, 19:04   #9

Still looking...
Old 20-02-2012, 09:54   #10

Boat: C&C Sloop 36

Hi Belle
head south to the states lots of boats heading south from california at the end of summer.
Old 20-02-2012, 10:00   #11
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

there are m any boats heading south from la cruz huanacaxtle to panama and westward to pacific islands about now to early summer if you wish to begin a search in warmville....
Old 20-02-2012, 10:54   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsailingrn View Post
Hi Belle, Shame you're not on the East Coast. I'll be in Maine recomissioning the boat in April/May. Going to head south slowly waiting out hurricane season. Then who knows! Will be looking for crew. Hmmmm.
neilsailingrn, I saw you might be looking for crew in maine twards the summer months. My wife and I are located in Portland, and are interested in your trip. I am 25 and she is 28. If you are interested please email me at daniel_meuse (@YAHOO). Hope to hear from you. Thanks Daniel
Old 23-02-2012, 20:35   #13

zeehag, thanks for the suggestion
Old 24-02-2012, 07:56   #14

Boat: Not mine, just crew.
Re: The Dream ...

Yo Shorebird...the west coast sailing opportunities seem to be pretty darn good from here (48.06 deg N) yet it did take some creative ideas to get started. Is the east coast a more welcoming group? How can an old west coast fart-ress like me experience east coast sailing with a month off?
Old 18-03-2012, 17:14   #15

... am I the right fit

I'm 50 years young, never married, no kids - looking to enjoy life on the waters

I will be available starting June 2012... have not even given an end date any thought, because really I don't have one

Starting to look now, need to ensure that a friendship, mutual respect all those wonderful things that make living in small quarters challenging are present before I join you in your home.

compatibility, respect, love of life, attitude

possible circumnavigation, abit at a time, a long sail - possibilities are endless

I have very little experience Sailing. I do know I love it, I enjoyed every moment on my Uncles Ketch, be it moored, maintenance, cleaning, getting to know the locals, cooking, laying in the sun, swimming, reacting to the many different situations that happen, it was all so much fun, interesting, hard, scarey, exciting, heart warming, sad... the list goes on, and it all just fit into life and living it with a love for being on the waters.

I have some talents in the following areas... cook, bake, clean, organize, shop, swim, entertain, fish, take action, motivate, sew, photography, play the piano... smilin can we screw down a Baby Grand... lol... all kidding aside, I have many talents and do not mind learning new things, the one thing that I'm not that good with is heights, the thought of being hoisted up the ships mast or climbing up one... well, I hope that's not a deal breaker

Some have said that I am OCD clean and overly organized, I say... I have never been married nor did I have kids so I have had time to be clean and organized - plus growing up Dad always said “Ordnung muss sein” means that order “must be” --- reflecting on that, I'm sure my Dad thinks why didn't all the kids get that like she did... smilin

My cleanliness and organizational skills are a definite benefit on a ship... let me know what you would like done and I'll do it, I'm also one that sees things and takes action (however I know that can be touchie on a ship, so lets start with you just letting me know what, how, when something needs doing and I'm there for you)

If you have the patience to teach, I will learn, I am very inquisitive and will ask many questions. I have no particular place that I would prefer to start my journeys at...perphaps because I will eventually get to them all.

Hi... I'm Belle