Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2012, 13:37   #1

Thailand Nov - March

My girlfriend and I will be in Thailand from early Nov for four months and would love to spend some crewing on a yacht. We are both experienced sailers, having just come back from three months on our own boat in Greece. we also live onboard a 100 year old sailing barge so are used to fixing, cleaning and scrubbing. Happy to help out in all duties including preparing the boat, share costs and generally muck in.
Old 30-10-2012, 02:18   #2

Boat: Tartan S&S 48
Re: Thailand Nov - March

IANOUS give me a ring when you get here. Have Tartan 48 S&S and hoping to sail here and on to the Phillipines. Robert 0842945279
Old 30-10-2012, 15:27   #3

Hi Robert. I've sent you an email and will contact you when we get to Thailand next week. Look forward to talking to you. Many thanks Ian
Old 30-10-2012, 17:25   #4

Boat: Traditional 30

If your times dont match up with Robert, there are three places, on Phuket, to check out -at Chalong bay. Chalong bay is 15 mins ride on a moped from Pattong.

Firstly, The Lighthouse, It just looks like a lighthouse and is a yachties bar-club. 100 meters up an ally and along the beach is a bar that calls itself a Yachtclub. (another hang out for sailors) . Then 300 meters further along, is The Cruising yacht club. None of these are actual clubs as we know them. More like private bars that attract yachties. But they have notice boards and cold beer.

To help a little with the geography, Get to the Chalong Peer (local landmark) and head north to the Lighthouse. From there, ask directions to the next YC. From there you will have to head out to the main rd and travel about half a kilometer looking for the "small" yacht club sign. Its next to Aochalong Villa & Spa.

Tags
arc, Thailand