Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2010, 11:20   #1

Texas to Chesapeake - Winter / Spring 2011

I expect to be sailing from Texas to the Chesapeake Bay next year. The boat is a 1990 38' Irwin Center Cockpit, very comfortable and well equipped. I need crew for the part of the trip between New Orleans and West Palm Beach (estimated to encompass the month of March 2011, and the part from Morehead City to the Chesapeake (estimated for around mid-April), for exploring the Chesapeake, and for the return from the Chesapeake to the Florida Gulf Coast (June and July). The trip will be a mix of offshore and ICW, depending on weather and crew preference. The schedule is relaxed, allowing quite a lot of time for weather delays and stopovers.

The skipper is a 70-year old lady with a lot of sailing in the resume, very safety-conscious. I'm familiar with most of the ports and waterways involved, having sailed them with other people at various times. The only other permanent member of the crew will be a chihuahua named Munchkin. I pay for everything except transportation and adult beverages. If you are interested, contact me: janetsnets at gmail dot com and I'll send you the proposed itinerary, my sailing resume, photos of the boat, and anything else that would give you an idea whether you want to entrust me with your life.
Old 15-09-2010, 12:02   #2

Boat: 43 ft Selene/Solo
Janet, I have sent you a email at gmail.

Fred
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags
texas