Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2006, 00:38   #1

Boat: PEARSON 422
tampa bay area divers wanted

our home port is clearwater beach. we dive almost every weekend from the first of april until the first of july (we stop when the vis gets poor from the algae bloom). then again from mid-september until it gets to cold(usually mid/late november). we frequently have room on the boat for more divers and are always looking to meet more divers in the area. anyone interested...

we have room this weekend for an extra diver or two - diving the wreck "sheradin" and "rube allyn" reef.
Old 05-08-2006, 13:09   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 40 foot Catamaran
Send a message via AIM to captainscotty Send a message via Yahoo to captainscotty Send a message via Skype™ to captainscotty
Hi;salty dog 68
Will be in the area in December 2006.
Looking forward to doing some diving with you.
Cheers
Andy
Old 12-08-2006, 20:31   #3

DECEMBER

How about you dive and we will just watch.
Old 13-08-2006, 00:27   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 40 foot Catamaran
Send a message via AIM to captainscotty Send a message via Yahoo to captainscotty Send a message via Skype™ to captainscotty
Re: Are you OK?

Hey salty dude, why are you not able to Dive?

Cap Scotty
Old 13-08-2006, 13:36   #5

IT IS COLD!!! the water temp in December is in the mid 50's. I am a sissy when it comes to cold water. A new wetsuit(full) is on my wish list. If I get one b/4 December I will go diving.
Old 13-08-2006, 19:03   #6

Boat: Hans Christian Christina (40') in March 09
In Tampa the Water is in the Mid 50's? You have to be kidding! The coldest I ever got in Florida was in the springs in Northern Florida and that was only in the low 70's. WHERE exactly are you diving that it gets so cold?

2 divers

Salty, get yourself a one piece semi dry with wrist and leg dams and a hood. a good 7 mil will last you down into the high 40's with go. Every new years day we do a morning dive for as long as we can stay down here in Texas. No drysuits allowed..... Typically a 20-40 minute dive and it's snowed on us at least once.... but you have bragging rights for the rest of the year. That and you can't tell the boys from the girls for about 3 or 4 hours.
Old 23-08-2006, 00:21   #7

Boat: 34’ Marine Trader
Mid 50's..........the water in Connecticut is barely that in December. That is just about right for a 1/8" suit.

We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
--Aristotle
Old 26-08-2006, 01:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2divers

Salty, get yourself a one piece semi dry with wrist and leg dams and a hood. a good 7 mil will last you down into the high 40's with go. Every new years day we do a morning dive for as long as we can stay down here in Texas. No drysuits allowed..... Typically a 20-40 minute dive and it's snowed on us at least once.... but you have bragging rights for the rest of the year. That and you can't tell the boys from the girls for about 3 or 4 hours.
2 divers,

I camped out with about twenty other boaters on "shell island" for new years eve 2000. We all went wake boarding first thing in the morning on New Years Day. My 00 did not descend again untill the Superbowl. I do plan to buy myself a farmer john/top combo to extend my diving season but it is a low priority right now.